closet growing 2-5 plants

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by nort56, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Thanks for the advice, I screwed up and got caught without my lights hooked up and the soil was just prepared when I check the seeds that I had germinating where rooting.I had to run and hurry and get them into the two five gallon pots I had just mixed and watered so they would have a chance of making it. That was Thursday, the four I had to put in one pot because they all came from the same batch, but I had one kindly seed and it is in the other 5 gallon. It hasnot breached the surface. I have two 40watt full spectrum florescents in a four foot assembly. I have them on 18 hours in light and 18hrs in darkness. Does anyone think that the four in the 5 are males because the are aggressive.

2. I've never heard of such light cycles... is this good for the seedling stage, or you were trying to say 18h light/6h dark?

3. I misread the book that I have, I have fixed my time schedule and since they were only under lights less than 36 hours they won't suffer to badly, from now on lights will stay on 24/7

4. That was Thursday, the four I had to put in one pot because they all came from the same batch, but I had one kindly seed and it is in the other 5 gallon.

...............you're going to give each sprout it's own pot pretty soon man.

It hasnot breached the surface.

................it can take a few days some time

I have two 40watt full spectrum florescents in a four foot assembly.

.................how far away are they from the seedlings. What's your temps like. If you put your hand where your seedlings are is it too hot for the back of you hand?

I have them on 18 hours in light and 18hrs in darkness.

.................I'm glad you fixed this problem. But your youngens are probally still really stressed out. 24/7 is a good light cycle to have but if you opt to give your lights a little while to cool down you can do 18 on 6 off 18 on 6 off

Does anyone think that the four in the 5 are males because the are aggressive.

.................Well yeah you might have males or you could have hermies from stressing them, but this early you probally wouldn't of stressed them into that, shit the seeds might of came from a hermie mother who knows?

..........Anyways "agressive" might be "strecthing", tell us about you grow conditions. Light height, humidiity, temp, co2?, etc......

5. They have all broken the surface, I transplanted two of the four into their own pots two still in the same pot. The kindly one has shown it's face and the stems seem very sturdy. I have had the lights on for 19 plus hours and they seem to be reacting well. I'm just so happy they all broke the surface and seem to be growing I could dance. The lights are about2-4 inches from the tops of the pots and the plants are about 2 inches below the rim of the pots in soil and perlite. I used supersoil and the bag says the ph is 5.5 to 6.5 and no ferts for 90 days. I paln to pick up some hydrated lime tomorrow at a nursery just in case the levels fall below what it should be. I am also going to pick up a thermometer tomorrow but the temp feels about 72-75 in the closet, unfortunately we had rain yesterday and the humidity went up to 72% but it fell the 60% by the evening, it was i the mis 50's today

6. Sounds good bro. I wish you luck. Try to give each plant it's own home pretty soon, trust me I know how bad roomates can suck. :D

Grasscity Deals Near You