Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by aceer15, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Hey buddy, I will be watching this tread for a while if you like. I have grown 7 crops, indoors and outdoors, two of which have failed. I am thinking about starting another, and ran across your thread here.

What I would say at this point is you are going too big too fast. It looks like you have been spending a lot of money on supplies without the immediate necessity. I suppose that is not really a bad thing, albeit perhaps a little wasteful.

Ok, so first off, I have still not gotten a 5 star bud. I have produced very good buds, but no blow your socks off weed yet. I have to say that that Super Lemon Haze was my favorite bud!

I like the idea of the sytem you are trying but I notice your pot is too big for your plant! And looking at the edges of the leaves, it looks like you might be over fertilizing them.. I could be wrong though, I'm just still a newb as it were.

I am a man of habit. I have always prefered to start my seeds under a bright CFL in a paper towel and snack baggie. I have faith that what begins in a bag, will end up in a bag. lol.

After germination, I usually put them in some rock woll and put them under a focused CFL. You know, one of those flexable, reading lamps? The key is to wait to transplant them until you start to see roots poking through the rock woll.

I usually end up putting them in a 32oz yogurt container at that point, surrounded with dirt, or those ball things you have. What are those things called again?

I think the key things to take away is that bigger is not always necessary. I see those large trays you have, but those are pointless unless you are going to fill them, imo. The moisture seems nice, but I have tried, without seeing a real benefit. I think you would want to save that for when you begin producing clones to plant outside.

Either way, I am really excited to see where this is, and am bummed I do not have enough $$ to purchase some dank seeds online. :(

I'll be watching this thread, so give me any feedback you have.

2. The coolest thing you could do is low stress training! It is awesome. Do you know anything about this technique?

3. Yea I'm the kinda person who likes to get it all early and do it right the first time. I don't like half-assin anything so I figured I'd spend the money now and I can use all those supplies over and over and over. Also I have a partner who is goin 1/2 everything with me.

Happy growin tho man! I'm sure I'll be seein you on the theread

4. [quote name='"pyroboy4206"']The coolest thing you could do is low stress training! It is awesome. Do you know anything about this technique?[/quote]

I haven't used it personally but I've heard it's very good for maximizing potential bud spots which leads to a high yield. I haven't quite decided what type of training I want to do since I decided to go perpetual; since the plants are going to be moving from tray to tray a scrog is outta the question. I'm open to suggestions! Might just grow them small and straight up.

5. I'm a little behind. I will be going with the DWC using an auto-unfeminized strain called Sagarmatha Seeds Stuporsonic. I have worked with the Attitude SB before - and Im pretty excited to start producing my own seeds! I'd love them take over my yard! Just gotta save some $$ for the seeds!

I would seriously try LST! It works well & all you have to buy extra is pipe cleaners from the dollar store!!

6. [quote name='"pyroboy4206"']I'm a little behind. I will be going with the DWC using an auto-unfeminized strain called Sagarmatha Seeds Stuporsonic. I have worked with the Attitude SB before - and Im pretty excited to start producing my own seeds! I'd love them take over my yard! Just gotta save some $$ for the seeds!

I would seriously try LST! It works well & all you have to buy extra is pipe cleaners from the dollar store!![/quote]

You could also use paper clips. I did and it worked great!

7. I'll probably try LSTin' them. That's still a month+ away though. I wanna let NL get a little bigger before I try to clone him. And good luck on your grow bro, I'm sure I'll be seeing plenty of it on here

Happy Growin'!

8. [quote name='"pyroboy4206"']I'm a little behind. I will be going with the DWC using an auto-unfeminized strain called Sagarmatha Seeds Stuporsonic. I have worked with the Attitude SB before - and Im pretty excited to start producing my own seeds! I'd love them take over my yard! Just gotta save some $$ for the seeds!

I would seriously try LST! It works well & all you have to buy extra is pipe cleaners from the dollar store!![/quote]

Are you a breeder I'm guessing?

9. Not a breeder, a hobbiest.. I have never actually intentionally bred my plants before, nature just does it for me! It was kinda irritating actually if you can imagine!

I just really, really enjoy watching the plants grow, and making brownies! I live in Wisconsin, so I have to be a little more cautious with how many plants I grow indoors, which is a big reason why I LST.

Funny, last winter was my first LST grow, and then this year the wind blew down my pepper plants and they LST themselves! I had to laugh a bit when I saw that one. I wish I would have kept the pix from my Super Lemon Haze LST indoor grow from last year. I will have to do some this year.

I'm trying to find a nice drought resistant strain this year to grow with some corn in the neighborhood. Any suggestions anyone? Like I said I live around Milwaukee, ~ 43deg lattitude

I'm not sure if i'm ready for that autoflower strain after all. I have never tried one before. biggest thing I would like to get down on is turning 5 seeds into three hundred!

10. That's what I'm hoping to eventually do. I just have to wait till I have a little bit bigger place before I can start trying to breed.

I can't say anything about any outdoor strains, but I have heard good things about auto flowering plants. You could always get like 4 individual seeds and plants them to make sure one will grow outdoors in your area.

Happy Growin'

11. #51 pyroboy4206, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    my plan was to find a fast autoflower that isn't feminized, grow them indoors this winter, and plant them this june in some of the feilds around the place. there is so much this and that about autostrains though...

But..

I just talked to a friend I havent spoken too in a few months..

apparently she grew one of my super lemon haze seeds, and one of my cheese seeds, and has clones!! Unfortunately, she also has my HPS light.. so.. I suppose I could flouro them for the winter....

Lemme tell you something about flouros...

My first grow was with no nutes, 4 four foot tubes, 4 two foot tubes, and 8 five gallon buckets. I had bag seeds, no ventilation, no timer, no bells or whistles... lmao

Duuuude.... even though i never got them to bud, after four months, they were each over four feet tall and fat as fat bastard!! Flouros rock!

man, i'm in love with this plant... how times change...

12. Looking good so far man! The northern lights is the one I'm pulling for. Subscribed best of luck in your hydro closet.

13. I feel you man, as you can see we have our veg and cloning tray under fluoros. They stretch a little as seedlings with the fluoros but once they get going they bush up a little more. I probably wont be moving my mothers up to 5 gallon buckets just because of space, were gonna try to get them around 2 feet. Once we have it up and running we will have 4 different mothers that we can pull clones off every couple weeks so we can have a pretty good variety and really healthy mothers.

Happy growin' man and thanks for stickin around

14. Pyro, got a little too high and forgot to put in my 2 cents about your winter veg plan! If i were you I would get some outdoor seeds comin' at you pretty soon and start vegin under some flouros. What size area do you have to work with for the winter? I do a little bit of room design when I get bored and high and could prob help you maximize your area with veg lights.

15. Thanks for subbin' man, I'm about to pop over to your thread and sub yours to keep up with. All of the plants you see now will be there no matter what for a while, we're using them as mothers. Should be able to start cloning with northern lights within 2 weeks and another week or so for lemon skunk.

Happy Growin'

16. Day 29 for Lemon Skunk and Northern Lights
    Day 11 for Super Lemon Haze

Temps and Humidity
    DSC_0095.jpg

Super Lemon Haze
    DSC_0097.jpg

Lemon Skunk
    DSC_0098.jpg

Northern Lights
    DSC_0099.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg

The lot of em'
    DSC_0106.jpg

Happy growin'

17. Babies growin up a day at a time. Bumped nutes up to 20% a couple days ago and the babies seem to love it. Look like they may need some CalMag for the lower leaves, planning on gettin them that tomorrow. If anyone has any other suggestions on the leaves please share!

Dutch Passion Blueberry potted today
    image-436342993.jpg

Super Lemon Haze around a week to week and a half if I'm not mistaken
    image-2122709223.jpg

Northern Lights
    image-1365115423.jpg
    image-3572336941.jpg

Lemon Skunk
    image-26487279.jpg

That's it for now!
    Happy Growin'!

18. looking great dude! sorry - been working alot

19. [quote name='"pyroboy4206"']looking great dude! sorry - been working alot[/quote]

Thanks man! I feel you on working...wish I had that problem!! Been tryin to find a job the last couple months, economy is in the shitter down south

Anyways, happy growin' as always!

20. Get a job at RGIS. they always hire and are global