Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by aceer15, Jul 31, 2012.

1. #1 aceer15, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Hey all,

I'm starting a closet grow journal today, workin with a few random types of bag weed, dream dragon, cheese, and bannana kush, 18 plants in all. I've got them all in rapid rooters inside a dome that I am spraying the top of every 2 days.
    DSC_1109.jpg

Banana Kush showing a little sprouting on day 3
    DSC_1116.jpg
    Cheese too!!
    DSC_1117.jpg

I'm hoping to have them all out of the dome and into pots at day 20
    Just realized I havent showed you guys the setup yet.

Entry way's to the grow room
    DSC_1121.jpg
    Through the curtains-2 96w 4 bulb T5's and 2-24w single bulb T5's on the sides
    DSC_1115.jpg
    Mylar lined walls
    DSC_1114.jpg
    96w 4 bulb T5 and 24w single bulb T5
    DSC_1106.jpg
    Empty tray waiting for the crop (putting T5 up on right wall before planting)
    DSC_1107.jpg
    Pump for ebb and flow system
    DSC_1111.jpg

2. #2 aceer15, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Nutes and tools
    DSC_1112.jpg
    DSC_1113.jpg

Pumps timers and keepin it sanitary
    DSC_1118.jpg

Just waitin till their needed
    DSC_1119.jpg

That's it for now, any and all suggestions welcome.

Happy growin'

3. Day 5:
    Was workin at the grow room all day today. Got there and the temperature was 88!!

Here's a pic once I figured out what I was going to do (dropped a couple degrees)
    DSC_1124.jpg

Decided to re route the ac duct into my closet

This is what were starting with
    DSC_1125.jpg

Then with a lot of duct tape and cardboard
    DSC_1126.jpg
    DSC_1127.jpg
    AND some help from MJ
    DSC_1129.jpg
    DSC_1131.jpg

A couple hours later and the duct was complete and this is what I had
    DSC_1132.jpg
    DSC_1133.jpg
    DSC_1135.jpg
    DSC_1136.jpg

Worked like a charm, by the end of the night I had my temp down to 72 degrees

4. Day 5 Plant Update

The 3 we have have just about double in size over the night. Right now cheese is the tallest around 1 1/2 inches, and banana kush and dream dragon are both about an inch tall.

Cheese
    DSC_1138.jpg
    Banana Kush
    DSC_1139.jpg
    Dream Dragon
    DSC_1140.jpg

Happy growin' to all

5. Day 7 Update

Dream Dragon struggling right now, roots are looking fine. Most likely just over watered.
    DSC_1141.jpg
    DSC_1142.jpg

Set up a crutch for the Cheese, was starting to lean and wanted to catch it early
    DSC_1143.jpg
    DSC_1144.jpg

Strung up the banana kush a lil bit
    DSC_1145.jpg
    DSC_1146.jpg

And my fiance would be mad if I didn't put these up, her new vegetable tray germinating for our new balcony NFT system
    DSC_1149.jpg
    DSC_1150.jpg

Happy Growin'

6. Plants arn't looking too good. Pretty sure it's from stretching, moved the lights much much closer to the seedlings and pH'd the water I sprayed lightly in the tray of the humidity dome. Any suggestions?

7. Help needed y'all
    banana kush
    DSC_1151.jpg
    DSC_1152.jpg

Cheese
    DSC_1153.jpg
    DSC_1156.jpg

Any Suggestions?

Happy growin' y'all

8. damn bro...they dont look good at all...how often were they getting water and what kind of medium is that you started them in? jiffys?

9. I was watering them once every 2 days or so with lights around 1 1/2-2 ft. That's when things went bad, I moved the lights to around 3inches (they're T5's) took off the humidity dome and am trying to get them to straighten out.

Granted they are terrible seeds from random strains I've smoked lol. Got some better seeds comin in within a week or so.

The medium I have them in right now are rapid rooters.

10. how much water were you giving them? because the medium looks bone dry :D

11. The guy I got the dome from said to spray down the top of the dome every 3 days and stick it back on, now im just spraying the roots every 2 days of so with ph'd water

12. oh you have them in a dome...that dome needs to have moisture buildup...like a lil eco system...do you have any type of humidity built up into the thing? and i would saturated those plugs before use and do so every couple of days until the plant is established for transplant...i wouldnt worry so much about pH balanced water...they will still take...and not really should be uptaking any nourshment from anywhere else except those embryo leaves

13. Thanks for gettin back to me naughty...do you think there is anything I can do for them at this point?

14. see if you could raise the humidity and soak those rapid rooters

15. is it worth taking the dome off or leaving it on? With it on the lights can only get about 6 inches away

16. well you can use the lights to create humidity...i wouldnt worry about the distance from the lights to the seedlings at the moment...if you have a spray bottle, i would mist the top of the dome...and spray around the empty containers just to have some h20 floating around...6 inchs for now is fine

17. the only reason I ask is cuz the cheese stretched really really quick off the start; that's why I moved the light down in the first place. By that time though the leaves had already been wilting and the sprouts bending.

thanks again for all the help man

18. not lookin good, buut thankfully they were bag seeds...learned from the mistakes and have some seeds comin in this week from attitude

19. Well, that's a bummer it didn't worl out for you first try, but like you said, live and learn! At least they wernt expensive bought seeds though right?
    Btw, that closet looks prime for a growskees, props on the t5s!
    You blooming with t5s?