Closet grow vent, HELP!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ak48er, Oct 12, 2012.

1. #1 ak48er, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    Hey guys,
    This is my first time growing and I built a growing room in my closet, a picture of the closet is attached. I setup 2 vent holes with 140mm fans (left fan for input and right fan for output) and I know I should've put the output vent hole on the top, but I didn't had a possibility to do so ( I got concrete or another closet on all sides besides the bottom ).

I just finished germinating the seeds and I'm waiting for the seedlings to sprout.

I'm going to get 2 clip fans for closet,
    How should I position them so the air flow will be good and I won't have to deal with heat problems. Please help /:

Attached Files:

2. Btw, forget to mention that I'm using Sylvania Growlux 250W for lighting so it isn't gonna be that hot

3. #3 Walliby, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    clean looking setup man. I just want to warn you that with that setup your house is gonna smell like herb. personally i would invest in a little 4" inline fan and a carbon scrubber.

punch a 4" hole on the ceiling of your cabinet and put the inline fan on the inside with the carbon scrubber. its odor control and will keep your grow room in a negative pressure (good thing to have.) if you have a positive pressure environment its going to force smelly air out anyway it can as apposed to have fresh air trying to get in anywhere it can.

4. I was planning to use airwick auto refresher in the room I'm growing in, don't you think it will be enough for 2 plants?

5. Those airwicks spew perfume into the air and into the buds and they don't work, the smell of a flowering plants is stronger, even two.

6. Really suggest you drop 100-150$ to cut down the smell as best as possible. also keep that airwick, gonna need it too. flowering plants really smell.

7. #7 ak48er, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
    Ok I'll get a carbon scrubber since I really don't know how smelly it will be it's better not to take chances.

About the output fan; there's an empty closet above my grow closet, should I stream the hot air to the empty closet?

8. Dude I only have a few more than that going and they are super stinky and sticky too! The Activated Carbon Filter takes care of the job. I have it venting into the crawl space immediately below the grow closet! Not sure of your layout so you would have to choose the best way to vent it.

Whenever the plastic is open you can smell the cheeba through the whole house! Closed and you can't smell anything. As a comparison before I bought the filter, you could smell the plants when your were entering the house at the front entry.....plants were in the closet in the room the farthest from the front entry, probably close to 50ft!

9. That empty closet upstairs sounds perfect for venting out the air.

10. even if it will remain closed at all times?

11. #11 ak48er, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    Ok I made some modifications with the intake fans so I won't have to deal with light leaks and i also added a 7' inch vent on the top to exhaust the air, and a fan below the lights to keep the air moving around the plant..to use a carbon scrubber I read that I must get a bellow for it since a regular vent won't handle it, is that correct?

Attached Files:

12. I would try to leave it cracked abit so the exhaust fan doesn't have to work so hard. but it will work closed as well.