Closet Grow under T5

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by TreadstoneAgent71, Feb 17, 2019.

1. How's everybody doin??

Just wanted to make this thread real quick to get some opinions on my closet grow. Both of my plants are from seed, seed which I collected from a Bordello plant that had been pollinated by another hermed out plant of unknown origin. My babies are still in veg, and I'll be flipping them to flower in a couple weeks. But I have a few questions about what to expect.

First, I'm guessing these genetics will be unstable, just from the origin of how the seeds came to be. But what can I expect in terms of plant sex? In other words, is it safe to assume these will both be female since they came from a female plant pollinated by another female who just so happened to herm out?

If I spy that either is a male I'll kill it instantly to avoid ruining the other.

Second, how will flowering under a T5 work? I only have one light currently, once I get a new space I'll have room to install more lights for more plants. I'm using 64k full spectrum florescent bulbs. I know the light cycle is the trigger to switch plants into flower, but I'm just wondering if anyone has experience flowering under these light conditions, and how their crop turned out in the end.

Also side note: I'm not growing for maximum yield. I haven't topped my plants, and I probably won't honestly. I have several other seeds from the same batch I took these from, so I'm more or less experimenting to see how they grow, if they're stable or if they'll herm on me in flower, and what happens when you flower under veg lights.

Any and all input welcome! Happy growing! 0217190728.jpg 0217190733.jpg 0217190728a.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Thanks for the quick response! However I'm not sure if the link you provided to your other T5 grows works? I'm just not able to open it to check out any neat tips you might have.

Also yeah, a little worried about my genetics. In trying to save a little money I figured I would try out some seeds I had from old crops, and see what would happen.

Sent from my VS988 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Try: Newbie greenhouse grow.

Overdrive t8 for flowering only

4' T8 Distance from Plant?

Overdrive t8 for flowering only

cheers/