Closet Grow (The Bare Necessities)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by teamzepher, Apr 4, 2009.

1. So this is kinda my first official grow (one other time at my parents house in a file cabinet and super ghetto) and I just wanted to post some pictures and see what people think. I know it ain't anything special but hopefully something comes of it, I'm just having fun in the process right now so I'm not going to get too caught up in yield or super nice buds.

Right now the plants are vegging under two 40w florescent tubes :( in a shop light type arrangement. I didn't germinate the seeds but instead just planted straight into the soil. I know I should remember what kind of soil it was :smoke: but all I can recall is it was organic and purchased at home depot. Two seeds were planted Feb 20th and the other eight were planted a week later and they all came from trainwreck bagseed. The pots are 1.5 gallons (I know that is small and am still wondering if it is not too late to move to bigger ones, perhaps by cutting the plastic) There is a fan on one side of the closet that hopefully is moving a decent amount of air and so far I have not given the plants any nutrients but I have Dyna-Gro Bloom and Bat Guano on the way from HTG Supply as well as a 400w HPS and a small amount of mylar (instead of my tin foil) :hello:. Fingers crossed that the pictures upload correctly and let me know what you guys think.

:gc_rocks:

Attached Files:

2. Looks good, the light could be a little closer depending on your wattage, it looks like the plants are stretching a little bit. Other than that it looks good. Do you have pest control up to par also? Leaving the pots on the ground (especially if they have drain holes) can invite all kinds of unwanted critters. I would put them up on an elevated surface, and any legs touching the ground can be put inside little dishes or pots, and filled with a substance bugs can't crawl in to get to the legs, and to your plants.

3. thanks brainfog, so far no pest control but I've been paranoidly (sounds like a sick adjective) checking for them. Makes sense though to just elevate so I don't let them walk right through the front door

4. So, I'm now two days away from getting my HTG 400w light, some guano and dyna-gro bloom. My plants desperately need the superior light as they have got a bit stretchy. Any recommendations for how much longer (under the new light) I should go before switching to 12/12? I'm thinking another 20 days or so and hopefully the growth between nodes will become shorter and bushier. I know the light is going to be hot but I'm also wondering if my regular 20 inch box fan (lasko) will blow enough to keep it from burning my babies. I also experimented on three of the less impressive plants with my own version of LST. I started three tie downs on one and two ties on the other ones. We'll see how they respond, as more growth happens I'll continue to tie down until it loops somewhat. Any suggestions for futures ties or recommendations concerning the general process?

I'm realizing now how much fun this is. I can't stop reading threads here and learning new things and the crazy science that growing fine quality herb entails. I'm hooked and went out and got my doctor's recommendation the other day and now I have some piece of mind when I go to bed, even though knowing some cops it might be unfounded. Let me know about any other things I should be doing...I forgot to mention that I also have 25 feet of mylar coming as well so the foil will disappear at the same time I get the HPS, that must be from hitting this 2.5ft roor...broken and since macgyvered.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. For a "ghetto" grow, it looks pretty decent. I like to see a clean, organized grow area. Since you have the HPS on the way, I don't really have any suggestions for you. Keep reading and learning and have fun!!

6. I will be doing something like this in a couple months..keep me updated

7. np royalblunts, hopefully I get a slightly better camera bc as of right now I'm shooting with a 3.2 digi from 2004 (lost my sicky new years eve at stateline in south lake tahoe). I now realize that I should have just started this in the grow journals. At first I didn't think I was going to do one and wanted to just ask some questions and such but it is such a good way to keep track of everything.