Closet Grow Set-Up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by volcomstone12, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hey guys I can legally grow so I decided its about time I exercise it. Im going to have an ebb and flow system setup in this closet here (2ft x 7.5 x 7) 1-3 plants most likely in a rubbermaid like the one pictured with 100watts per plant CFLS. I also want to hang the CFLs from the wooden rod under that shelf. I also could turn the mirrors around so that they face inside the closet. My only concern is ventilation, I could crack the door open but then it wouldn't be light proof. Any ideas about the ventilation or design would be appreciated, thanks

Attached Files:

2. #2 bentripin, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
    dont turn mirrors around, that white paint reflects more light and wont cause hotspots that burn ur plant.

Take a piece of plywood, id say 1/2 or 3/4 inch and cut a foot wide strip that'll fit securely top to bottom and put it in the sliding tray on one end of the closet.. close the door in the plywood and tape up the inside so no light gets through, then feel free to cut all the holes you want in the plywood for ventilation/power/etc.. you can use calk/tape/cardboard to seal off the holes from light leaks..

might do 2 pieces of plywood on each end, so u can put intake/exhaust on opposite sides.

*edit*
    Use posterboard/thick cardboard in a pinch if you dont have woodworking tools. wood is durable and easy to work with, use it if its an option.

3. I am probably going to do something similar to this. Should i paint the plywood white?

4. #4 bentripin, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
    if your going to have a light behind it then yes, otherwords it wouldn't matter.

If I were growing in that closet id just take the sliding doors out and frame up a floating wall with a hinged door to go in its place, hide it all behind some wall paneling to be discrete... but ur just doing a few plants in a closet so look arround and see if you can find a cabinet that will fit in the closet... then you can just leave the closet door open/cracked for ventilation and close it when you have company.

5. I have a 4x2 closet grow setup and here is what I did for ventilation. First if have the closet split in to a Veg on the top shelf portion and the main part is the flowering room. I put a 6in duct fan in the ceiling of the flowering room sucking air out and a 6in squirrel cage fan attached to duct tubing pulling fresh air in. The same applies to the Veg chamber except I used 2 4in duct fans to do the job. My temps stay at 70-75 using 21 CFLs at 26w apiece. Before I did this my temps were getting in the low 90s on all my test runs. Now it works like a charm.

I hope this helps.
    Be cool and have a good grow