Closet Grow Room 1.0

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Xeoh, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Evening everyone, this will be my first post on the forum.
    But im here to find help.

I made this a couple of weeks ago.
    (In the attach files)

Leaving the doors open is not a option, due to me and my girlfriend sleep in that same room.
    However the RH will go down to around 50-55%.
    But with the doors closed it's about 60-70% wich is to high if they are flowering.
    For now they are still at Veg so 60-70% is kinda perfect for them.

Does anyone have a solution for me ?
    I got a cheap dehumidifier from my general store, i kinda knew it won't work, but it was worth the try.
    So i started looking for a good one for a small indoor grow, so i found (ELRO DH250) it works on eletricity, my old one "the cheap one" works with some kind of white stones.
    Will the ELRO DH250 work for such a small indoor grow ?
    In about a week or two my plants 50% of them will go into flowering, so i do need a quick solution for my RH levels to go down when doors are closed.

I was thinking of making a whole on the left or right side of the closet, that will pull out the air inside the closet with some sort of fan.

Does any of you know how to fix it ? or will the ELRO DH250 do it's work ? in that case it will remove all the problems i have.

Kind Regards: Xeoh

Attached Files:

• ff.png
      ff.png
      File size:
      4.4 MB
      Views:
  2. What type of light are you using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. That are x2 TL lights 120W

4. I'm still a neebie but I can suggest add more fan and heat!?!?

Sorry if I'm no help:(

5. I found a solution for now, i did open the doors, and use a very thin blanked that will somewhat dim the light that's coming out of it.
    But that's not a solution for a long term run, i need to get a tent and that will solve all my problem, or atleast i hope so.
    Only problem i have is the RH going to high.
    But i got a new problem, how loud is a tent ? http://www.degrowshop.eu/complete-kweektenten/secret-jardin-compleet/ds90-ii-400w-compleet/
    This is also a compleet set.

6. Do you not have an air intake/ extraction fan?

7. It sounds like you want to grow in your bedroom....and still be conveniently quiet and productive? Is this right? Well let me just say that I hade my set up in my bedroom.....I quickly switched locations cause of the same shit you have....
    I gotta leave doors open for cooler air....and my FANS!!! loud ass beasts is what my fans are....and honestly I don't think a tent will solve your problem....you will still need fans that are noisy....or leave the tent open so it don't heat up.. defeating the purpose of the tent....
    My suggestion is find another location in your pad....or deal with plants growing in the same place you sleep....I have my dark cycles from 12midnight to 8am .my lights and fans are all timer controlled. And that helps allot with noise and billing....I mean why have lights on when your sleeping? Hope this helped.

BzerkO

8. I agree. I'm having to deal with this too...why I am on a train to VA to stay at my girls so I can get sleep.
    Fan sounds like someone banging tin cups around at this point. Doors been open and fan been loud=hard to sleep or get laid.

9. #9 Xeoh, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    I tried something new, i did a loot of research on this, and a friend helpt me a lot aswell.
    This is wat i did, took my plants and placed them about 30 centimeter off the ground.
    No idea why, but it does sound like hot air will illiminate the water vapor by getting you're plants higher and off the ground.
    My RH was about 72 - 88% so i took the risk on changing it.
    I had my new dehumidifier got it up and running, but still it was around 68%, took a second dehumidifier and i got it to 65%.
    So i was going nuts, but than a friend told me, give me 20minutes and check again.
    So i went to the store, got back and wat i did see was amazing! he got it down to 48-52% stable at all time.
    So that's a big approvement over the old RH.

This is wat he did, check picture.

P.S: The fan i have is really quite so no problem, the lights are the problem, but i want them to get 24 light on vegs and on flower, more energy = more yield.

He also got black ducktape, folded in two, en placed on the outsides of the doors, so the doors can be a little open, and still won't light up the room.

He did a very nice job if you ask me.
    Btw: im only growing Autoflowers, and these are Northern Light.

• THC 14%
    • CBD Low
    • Yield Indoor 500-550gr m2
    • Yield Outdoor 170-220 grams per plant dried
    • Height Indoor 80 - 120 cm
    • Height Outdoor 130 - 160 cm
    • Flowering time 5-7 weeks
    • Harvest month 9-10 weeks after planting
    • Genetic background Northern Light x Ruderalis
    • Type Indica: 80% Ruderalis: 20%
    • Effect Cerebral and uplifting
    I don't have the perfect grow room, so i will be happy if i get 20-30gr a plant.

Attached Files:

• Pic.png
      Pic.png
      File size:
      6.2 MB
      Views:
  10. By the way, any suggestions on my next grow ? wich plant do you enjoy & why.
    (Try and keep it autoflower only)