Closet Grow Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MasterFFrost, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Hello
    I am new to the city and I had a few questions about growing in a closet. I started a practice grow of some not so good seeds, but for my next grow I want to be more prepared. I am using flouros, but for my next grow I would like to use an HPS, but they are pricey. Does anyone have any adivce on where to get the cheapest HPS lights. Also, how hot do these lights get? Too hot for a closet? I have a small fan ventilating the area, but I am not sure that would suffice with the heat of the HPS. Also if anyone knows of a turstworthy seed bank to get quality seeds, like white widdow. Last thing is I have some fruit flies in the grow area that I cannot seem to get rid of. They dont seem to be doing anything to the plant now, but will they effect its growth? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

2. For good price on HPS try Home Depot in the security lighting section but those will be lower wattage. For higher wattage try htgsupply-dot-com.

HPS lights get significantly hotter than fluoros. No way to advise about your particular situation, but in general you need to circulate air into and out of your grow space, not just blow the air in there around. You need that both for heat management and for the plants to breathe.

Two seedbanks with strong reputations are Dr. Chronic and Gypsy Nirvana.

Get rid of those flies. Try safer soap and hang some sticky fly traps.

3. Thanks for the help. I kinda started this out of the blue and decided to run with it. I have read many of the threads, and am learning more and more everyday.