Closet Grow Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SourmanV, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I have a 4 ft wide, 14 ft tall closet, im putting a board horizontal 4 ft from the floor. I want to have a 2 sectioned closet grow, sealing the lower part from light for a veg chamber, and a flower on top. I have a lot of cfls, i might use for veg, and for flower i only have a 240w Blackstar LED. I don't want to cut a hole in the wall outward, so im worried about the heat of the closet, if i upgrade lights. The Blackstar leds are a little expensive, I'd rather buy a Hps or Mh. what are the best lighting options if I don't want it to overheat? I plan on having 6 plants in both the flower and the veg, and using a four 6 gallon homemade deep water culture buckets, three plants in each. Any advice is welcome!

2. A grow room needs fresh air and ventilation.... the more the better. Unless you have that you cannot be successful.

keylime

3. Keylime is right, look into a HPS Light and Ballast that can be connected by ducting. This drastically keeps temps down. Or some even come with a glass panel that keeps the temp down even more and you can bring your light down closer to your plant without burning it or give it heat stress.