Closet Grow - CFL - Bagseed *Lots of Pics*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pookieass07, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Hey I have been growing a plant for the past little while after my last attempt was unsuccessful due to mites. Anyways, this plant started out as a little seedling on my desk and then I started to LST it. It's not growing in a closet and has blossomed into a beauty.

I stopped taking pictures for a while so you will notice a big jump in size about halfway through.

I have about one week left til harvest, I'm thinking. Please comment and let me know how they look.

Thanks guys. Keep smoking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Several weeks later...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Here's some more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?

3. amazing plants man, great grow

4. Thats some fucking bomb bagseed

5. i was thinking the same thing while going through those pics

grow looks awesome!

6. Bag seed is usually pretty bomb when grown well.

However, his plant is HUGE. Nice work on the LST.

7. Thanks guys. I don't even remember what kind of bud this seed was from because I just had a bunch mixed together. I have a seed set aside that is Jack Herer. I remember when I picked it up and that stuff was amazing. I'm gonna grow that next.

I was skeptical with the LST but because the space to grow was small I figured that it could really maximize the area. The buds didn't get as big as I wanted them to but they are abundant.

About 70% of the psitils have turned. I'm thinking a week til harvest?

Keep that feedback coming.

8. #8 Leapfrog, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
    Funny how so many keep saying CFL's don't work...:confused:

9. They work well, but not ideally. Better lights would pump the size of my buds up so much that it's not even funny. CFL's fit my budget though. haha

10. looking really good bro. enjoy! :hello:

11. Thanks mjboy.

I was also wondering whether the plants look like they're more sativa or indica dominant. I know the ways to tell, kinda, but not really clear on the rules exactly. I wish I had some idea as to what strain. Oh well. Next time.

12. the majority is indica but not by a lot.

13. I never condemn a person's grow attempt, only encourage. I have had great results w/ Flouros, CFL's, T-5's, and presently use 4 flouros and a 400 HPS for the duration of my grow.

Granted, T-5's are best for veg, even better than MH in my opinion b/c you do not have the stretching. As for flowering, HPS is best IMO. However, if you do things correct, use blue spectrum for veg and switch to red for flowering, simple T-12 flouros will give excellent results. One of my first indoor grows was using a bank of 5 shop lights and I just switched out the bulbs, 10 blue for veg, 8 red/2 blue for flowering and I yielded about 4 oz's out of 12 sq ft area. Not too shabby IMO.

Nice looking grow and you should be very happy with the effort.

peace

less

14. Thanks. My first grow I had 4 plants in that same area with only 4 flouros. Now I am running 8 fluoros on one plant. I am gradually improving. haha.

I've also been switching up the bulbs for flowering and vegging. I wish I could use HPS but it really isn't an option for me. I have yet to see my buds really swell, in this grow they have a bit more so than the last. I figure it's because of the CFLs. I read that adding a bit of molasses to the water during flowering can provide the plant with carbohydrates to fatten the buds. I have been doing that so far.

15. I'd say you have a nice cross plant. Maybe 60/40 Indica dominant? It's going to be a nice smoke, that's for sure.

16. Yea. It looks very similar, if not identical to the bud I got from my last grow. I think that the seeds may have come from the same bag. Take a look at my old buds:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was damn good. This stuff looks a bit better because the plant is healthier and there are a lot more budsites because I LST'd this time.

17. how many watts of cfl?

18. you said your using 8 cfl's?

19. can you take a picture of the entire plant from a side view?

i want to know what it will look like when i lst and let it grow

thanks in advance

AWESOME grow btw

20. Thanks man. I will try to snap a picture of the side view tomorrow.

I am using 8 CFLs, I think that they are mostly 13 watts with two 26 watt bulbs. I will double check in the morning.