Closet grow 3x3 tent Dwc Led Fast and Vast Auto

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Atulip, Jun 28, 2015.

1. First grow here. Let's start with my setup. I'm in a 3'x3' spare bedroom closet and with a gl80 2'7"x2'7" tent. I've got a 4" exhaust fan in the attic above the closet pulling through 6" ducting and a 6" phresh filter. Passive intake pulling from a hole in the wall going to my bedroom closet. Originally I planned for a 400w MH/HPS but my cheap digital ballast keeps blowing fuses so I replaced it with 2 mars hydro 100x3w "old style" led lights (~129 actual watts ea). I've got 2 sterilite 10gallon tubs for DWC, 12 sites of 3" netpots with hydroton and an additional 5 gallon container with 1 site.

For my first grow I wanted to keep it simple so I'm growing at half capacity with autoflowers. I planted 6 Heavyweight Fast and Vast seeds in 1" rockwool cubes on 6/23. 5/6 have sprouted with the 6th peeking out. I went ahead and planted the cubes in the hydroton net pots.

Ph is around 5.5, using color droplets until my digital ph meter comes in. Temps 75-80 consistently. Humidity 55-65.

The plan for next grow is a GHS White Widow with all 12 sites full of clones. Since I'm growing autos this first run I'll be planting a white widow seed in the 5 gal container in about a month to take clones from for next grow. I don't have a place to keep a mother in veg so she'll be flowering with the clones next run.

If anyone more experienced has advice or concerns, post away. As this is my first grow and I'm pretty inexperienced with any sort of gardening.

Attached Files:

2. Small update. 6/6 little sproutlings.

Attached Files: