closet garden set up need some help

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by gkrew, Feb 14, 2012.

1. so i tried adding a photo maybe back wards but its just so you can see the setup. so i have a closet im building a grow box/ garden in, the flowering box is going to be 50 inches wide x 26 inches deep x 4 feet tall maybe 5 (of course the specific inside spects maybe off cause im building this wall to wall and the wood will take up some space). the vegging section is 16inches wide x 26 inches deep x 8 foot tall
    that will be cut up into the sections shown in the photo a one foot cloning section, a 2 foot vegging, a 2 and a half foot mothering, and another 2.5ft section congaing the ventilation and electrical cords i need out of the way. im planning on starting off with some 2,700K and 2,500K cfls then investing in led panels once i have the cash flow. the help i need is in several places i will now list and explain:

ventilation:
    i have a close friend who works at future shop so i can get my hands on 120mm case fans for $3.60ish after tax and i believe i can get the chargers i need to run them for around $8 they say they run at 40 cfm i did a little physics home work and i read that running them in parallel series like in a line not a colum that then the cfms will be added together not quite 100% on each but it should run the same pressure, sound is an issue kind of for me and id rather not run an line fan if i can run enough of these and find a way to make carbon scrubbers for each or vent them all into one duct and then into the filter? i need a little advice on how to make that work, and how i could run them with a filter attached to them, i would want to run at least 4 for exhaust and 2 or more for intakes that should be all added up to at least 160 cfm just for the room alone calculating that the filter will cut the fans force in half.

im also planning on running case fans in box for circulation as well just so people know

lighting:
    how much do i need for my mothers?
    how much do i need for veg?
    how much do i need for clones?
    would it be help full to set up cfls under the plants if im doing sog?

plant numbers:
    just some advice would be nice anyones opinion with good info would be good i was planning on around 6inch or 8 inch square pots by about 12 inches tall and try and get them to grow around 2.5 ft or 3 ft total, i was gonna do that or i was going to do dwc scrog plants i just dont want that huge vegging time

all other info:
    i want to be running all organic compost teas for my nutrients cutting back on cost is a big concern but also having quality stuff is also important
    i want to be running a perpetual garden minus the random stage plants being in a chosen lighting cycle all in one room

this may seem like a big project, and the truth is it will be my first so any and all advice would be amazing im going to start construction asap so i need help sooon times before i buy stuff thats not usefull thanks a billi for taking the time to read my massive post and if you reply thanks soo much :smoke::hello: peace and pot

Attached Files: