Closet First-Time Grow Questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cronickid, Sep 3, 2012.

1. #1 cronickid, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
    Hello all, I'm doing a legal grow, it is my first serious one but if I'm going to do it i want to do it right. I read a lot of threads and a good few stickies and I think I'm going to get a book as well, trying to do as much research as I can, but I also want blade's opinions on MY grow and my space etc. I'm going to use part of the closet in my room, the dimensions are 64"x25"x4'. It's definitely more long than tall but I want to use the space to it's full potential.

I was thinking of 3-5 plants if that would be possible, maybe shorter, bushier indicas instead of sativas? With that amount of space I was thinking about just lining the walls with mylar or foylon, but I'm not sure what kind of lighting I'll be needing. I am growing mostly personal but still want to maximize yield, but don't want to cause too too much heat or run up the electric bill too much either. What size fan should I use for proper cooling? My room temp is usually around 75, the closet may average a few more degrees though. I would like some thoughts, ideas and opinions and such. The closet has two fold-out doors as well if it matters, and I have a pretty good budget. Thank you for any help :wave: Also let me know if this would be more appropriate for the 'Lighting' section

2. [quote name='"cronickid"']Hello all, I'm doing a legal grow, it is my first serious one but if I'm going to do it i want to do it right. I read a lot of threads and a good few stickies and I think I'm going to get a book as well, trying to do as much research as I can, but I also want blade's opinions on MY grow and my space etc. I'm going to use part of the closet in my room, the dimensions are 64"x25"x4'. It's definitely more long than tall but I want to use the space to it's full potential.

I was thinking of 3-5 plants if that would be possible, maybe shorter, bushier indicas instead of sativas? With that amount of space I was thinking about just lining the walls with mylar or foylon, but I'm not sure what kind of lighting I'll be needing. I am growing mostly personal but still want to maximize yield, but don't want to cause too too much heat or run up the electric bill too much either. What size fan should I use for proper cooling? My room temp is usually around 75, the closet may average a few more degrees though. I would like some thoughts, ideas and opinions and such. The closet has two fold-out doors as well if it matters, and I have a pretty good budget. Thank you for any help :wave: Also let me know if this would be more appropriate for the 'Lighting' section[/quote]

I designed a space 4x2x5 used a 4" 175cfm fan. A 600hps. 3 plants max would be do able. But I like the single with lots of room. Temps get a bit high in the summer. Good ventilation is key....... My electric bill did take a hit but its all a balance. I now grow 10-20% of my groceries indoors and just think of it as rolling my food bill and electric into one.