Closet cfl bagseed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Farmer4D, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Correction if u have real organic soil you don't need nutrients till later in growth the organic means its pre loaded with all the stuff it needs to start so if u used nutes that's a burn not a lack of anything overkill can be worse then under with these plants they are tough and can handle bad situations but can't handle overkill well Sent from my SCH-I110 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looking good mate! subbed

3. Day 16
    DSC01875.JPG DSC01876.JPG

i did flush yesterday and the leaves are more brown and dry than before.
    let's hope that i did overfertilized it so i will wait 2-3 days to see how it will be.
    i think that the fertilizer i used was too much for it, like it happened with the previous plants i had.
    well done !!!! i did the same mistake twice!!!

next time i will use liquid fertilizer.
    the only good thing is that the small side branches looks healthy.

1 question: if the fan leaves go dry and fell will the rest(side branches and top leaves) of the plant still grow?
    has  anyone  ever seen something like that?

4. That is definitely nute burn, a good organic soil feeds for a month. I had nute burn on a full-grown blueberry in mid flower. I made the mistake of feeding the plant synthetics while the organic soil was providing all of it's needs. I fed her one tiny dose of the foxfarm solubles and over the next couple of days all of the leaf edges faded and turned brown, top to bottom. Very similar to your situation.

Here, I dug up the pics, from may '12

538 (640x480).jpg
    539 (480x640).jpg

She was in perfect health before I fed her that stuff, thought that I could grow bigger buds if I fed it something like that, now I know better. I wait until the plant shows a slight deficiency before feeding and then I go real easy with it.

I think she'll recover fine. Just give it water for the next week or two, those leaves won't even matter a month from now.

5. Not sure, i believe you sure about this  :smoke:

thanks for the advice.

6. #26 Farmer4D, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    Day 17
    DSC01877.JPG DSC01878.JPG DSC01879.JPG

As far the progress of the brown edges they look like they slowed down a bit.
    The leaves are pointing up so i think they are healthier than yesterday.
    Also the soil starts to dry out on top i must wait for the first signs of underwatering to water it again.
    in 3-4 days i believe.

In the last pic are the side branches. They grow bigger every day and that's good thing and a big relief.

I wait for comments,questions,suggestions or complaints from anyone.

7. I'm subbed. Nice, clean set-up.
    As everyone's been saying, it looks like a burn. The good thing is we as humans make mistakes and learn from them, I doubt you'll ever feed your plants too early again, lol.

8. Day 18
    DSC01882.JPG DSC01880.JPG DSC01881.JPG

The leaves continue to brown.The soil is getting more dry day by day.I keep the temperature at 28/29C 82/84F.New set of leaves grow these days.

Questions
    1) If the burn keep going the following days should i flush again? if yes when?(the plant has enough stress already and i don't want to stunt it)
    2) Check the leaves. some edges point up and some point down. WTF is going on?
    3)A friend of mine will give me a NorthernLight Auto seed from SensiSeeds. should i throw the current plant and grow the NL? or should i keep this plant as far as it goes?

9. #30 AskMeNoQuestionIplayMusic, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    Try pulling the temperature down to 22degrees and misting them if they're in a dry atmosphere. And sing to them lots! you cant beat man-made C02     :confused_2: 

10. "soil acts as a buffer holding in nutes whereas inert hydroponic systems have no way of holding the nutes" it looks like overfert the signs are the fact that the new growth is very dark and rich green where it should have a yellowish-green color and continue to become more green. dont worry about the already burned leaves u can never fix them but worry about the new growth and make sure they grow healthy from now on.

my suggestion would be to feed pure distilled water until the plant yellows then u will know she is underfed and can begin to add fertilizers

11. Day 19
    DSC01883.JPG DSC01884.JPG

I took the 1st pic at midnight and the 2nd at 9am this morning.The new set is growing.

Last night i did my research about the overfertilization and the burnt leaves.
    I found out that if i flush and the burn hasn't stopped i must flush again.So i did with since the soil was almost dry and the last flush was 4 days ago.I flushed with 3L of table water.i read that when you flush you can make 4 holes in the soil with a pencil. i used that technique and it worked pretty good.
    I read that if there are leaves that they are more than 50% dead you can cut them off.
    i cut the first 2 sets that they were almost 80% dead.

DSC01888.JPG DSC01886.JPG DSC01887.JPG

Now we must wait for a week or two to see how it goes.
    fingers and toes crossed. :smoke:

12. Looking a lot better, 4D! The color of the new leaves look great and it seems to have snapped back.
    I'd recommend cutting off a fair portion of the dead leaves, you don't need to remove the entire leaf, just the dead or dying/yellowing part. From what I've read is this saves energy but you may want to wait for someone with a little more experience then myself to chime in on this.
    Don't be afraid to continue your LST slowly now that it's back and growing.

Well done on correcting the mistake so far man, keep it up. :smoke:

13. Day 20
    DSC01889.JPG DSC01890.JPG

I cut one more fan leaf yesterday and the side branches are getting more light now.
    You can see that they are growing faster the last days.The next days i will not try to do anything and let it relax. I had stressed it enough the last week.

Thank you all for the quick replies and info you gave to me.

14. looks much better and the burn has stopped on the new leaves :hello: :gc_rocks:

15. Day 21
    DSC01889.JPG DSC01890.JPG DSC01891.JPG

End of week 3 and new sets of leaves appeared on top and on side branches.
    I guess if it could speak it would told me ''LEAVE ME ALONE'' :lol:
    That will i do.

16. Day 22
    DSC01892.JPG DSC01893.JPG DSC01894.JPG

It grow taller 1cm/0.4inch from yesterday. Right now it is 8cm/3in tall and 10cm/4in away from the lights.
    The soil is still wet and the temp is 28C/82F.

Here is a question for the lst/scrog experts: should i keep this distance from the lights or should i keep it in longer distance to force the lower side branches to strech and have more light?

17. Day 23
    DSC01902.JPG DSC01903.JPG DSC01904.JPG

Goodmorning GC.
    Everything is looking great.The soil is dry and the pot is not that heavy.
    I will water it tomorrow with 1L of tablewater.NO FERTILIZER.

yesterday i took some pics of my potatoes 
    DSC01895.JPG DSC01896.JPG
    some broccoli
    DSC01897.JPG
    bananas in the greenhouse
    DSC01900.JPG
    mango tree
    DSC01901.JPG

18. You really turned that lil plant around! New growth looks nice and green. Nice LST going on too! I'm reading up on that for mine