closet and vent help w/ pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nvmywrx, Oct 18, 2008.

1. #1 nvmywrx, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
    ok so i found a place that should be a good place to grow in my basement. It even has a top shelf for clones. This is my first grow. I'm looking to grow about 2 plants. The only problem is that I cannot find a way to vent it without cutting holes in the wood. So am i out of luck? The closet is about 7.5 feet tall and about 4 feet wide. Also how would i seal the doors when i close for the 12/12 cycle? If this would not work without making holes in it to vent should i just make a grow box that will fit in that closet? If i were to make a grow box what dimensions would be best. For lighting I will be using,

2 42w 2700k
    2 26w 2700k
    1 30w 6500k

about 150w is that enough lighting for 2 plants?

any other suggestions or help?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bump anyone? i would love to get this started!

3. I am by no means an expert.

I will say after building a similar sized cab... that temps are going to be a problem with no ventilation.

I think your on the right track of building a cab within a cab. I almost did that but I wanted the maximum space available and a cab inside the cab would take away from that space.

But it all comes down to that single important thing. Ventilation and exhaust. With out that a cab will fail.

4. #4 nvmywrx, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    thank you, maybe i can talk my brother into letting me drill holes and put in fans.

also i just got back from getting some supplies but i went to Home Depot and they didn't have any lightbulbs that i needed they only had like 40w and 60w bulbs.

does anyone knwo where i can find the bulbs im looking for besides online because i can really wait for shipping?
    42w 2700k
    26w 2700k
    30w 6500k

even if i make a box and put it in the closet wont the air still not get out when the doors are closed?

5. ayo,

ok, so iw as looking at what you got.
    how about building a tent inside your closet. and an exhaust into your basement?
    thats what i'm doing it in my apt as any major modification would be a no no

6. why kind of exhaust are you using? I actually talked to my brother and he doesnt mind that i cut a hole. There acutally is 3 cabs just like that in the basement i wanna make clone cab also!

7. I duno, first the space is cut in half for height and you intaking and exhausting in a small area. Temps are going to be a problem. PLus the doors have to be shut thus its not much air in their to begin with.

What is in the cab next to it? Perhaps intaking from the bottom...and exhausting from the top might help, still both cabs have their doors shut...

Either way you look at it your going to have to cut holes. Whats behind the cab in the next room? or is it cement wall foundation?

Or just make a free standing cab and abandon the idea of using that space.

8. sounds like your a little young. also you need to do a little more research. all the questions you are asking are on the forum to be read. as a short response you are going to have to cut 2 holes minimum. at least 4 inches diameter. no way around that.

9. well we decided to just make vent holes and actually do it right and have it vented out the top of the cab and not just use little fans venting out