Closest call of my life

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Tweak Mids, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Last night me my gf and 2 friends were drinking a bit and just chilling then we pickup some rolls from my dealer and while im waiting outside an unmarked cop rolls by. goign to crash at my friends house but i have to stop home for a bit and get some shit, so my one friend comes with. we go there, and stop at the gas tsation to get some munchies and OJ. on my way back to my friends house and i see a car behind me, and i say to my friend"i think thats a cop" he immediately turns around and looks and 5 seconds later were pulled over. my friend btw is a dealer and had a bunch of individually bagged Gs on him and a bowl, plus hes on probation for underage dui. and to top it all off the cop who pulls us over was the same one who got him on the dui and that drove by when i was picking up the rolls. he says he pulled me over for not having my sticker on my license plate so i give him my registration and hes like why are you shaking so much son? i give him some bullshit excuses about my dad going to kill me if i get a ticket. he asks if he can search the car and stuff and we agree but he is just bluffing. luckily because i had papers, a grinder and a bottle of alchohol in the back. he writes me a warning and im off to roll and chill for the rest of the night at my frineds house and not in big boy jail. and i had a white bic, proof they arent bad luck.

2. Holly crap man, you must have been shitting bricks. Cool story though :p

3. Why would you agree to let him search your car?

4. no thats PROOF white bics are bad luck you got pulled over. get a negrobic next time.

5. i agree, just another case of the fucking pigs taking advantage of their authority on teenagers/young people. you should not have agreed, just making up another excuse, asking why he wants to search, or just saying, no, you dont have probable cause. the cops in my home town are dicks so ive had a few run ins myself but ive been lucky every time.

6. please next time practice your rights.

7. #7 relakit3, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
  8. he asked me if we had anything illegal in the car and if he searched he wouldnt find anything illegal or anything like that. and i said no theres nothing like that in my car.

9. Was it the unmarked car that pulled you over? Or did he call a marked car?
    A policeman in an unmarked police car, by law, cannot pull you over. He has to call for another car to pull you over.

10. was that really your closest call in your whole life?

11. Honestly it is best to agree for them to search the car. If you don't consent to them searching your vehicle, they will send out a call, and get 10 other cops that need to fill there ticket book with them. They will get a drug dog, and find some excuse to get into your cars. If they don't have dogs in your area, all the cop has to say is "I smell marijuana, please step out of the vehicle", bam you are done for, he searches you, your friends, and your car. Or you can allow him to search, and hopefully get off with a bluff like the op's situation.

If it takes you 15 minutes to hide your stash in a vehicle, it will take an officer a full hour to find it.

Hide your stash well before going anywhere, and consent to the search, it is better in the long run.

12. #12 MisterPlow, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    The correlation between how long it takes you to hide your stash and how long it takes an officer to find it is just wrong. I dont understand why you said that.

Obviously the OP played his cards right. In this type of situation you cant just go by 1 set rule of "No you cannot search my vehicle officer." because that is only going to make the officer suspicious. Sadly your rights have nothing to do with that and the OP made the best decision in this situation, obviously, because hes not in jail and his car was never searched.

Like i said though, your rights are few when an officer is suspicious. If he said no he would have been pulled out of his car, detained and placed in the back of a police car. K-9 would have come out and "hit" on the car (even if the dog smelled nothing thyed probably say he did), and theyd search your vehicle and find your stash.

Also someone above said its illegal for an unmarked police unit to pull you over. Is that nationwide, or just in your state/county because i dont think thats true.

In my opinion the best time to assert your rights without giving an inch is when you have absolutely nothign illegal on your persons/propery (car). Then you can see what happens from there and that may give you a better understanding of how to handle a situation like this in the future if you actually do have something illegal in the vehicle.

13. Pretty sure it is not nationwide. That's how the law is here though. So I threw it out there anyways. :D

14. Ahh. Well it would make sense i guess seeing as for a while it was big news when people would pose as undercover officers and pull people over to rob them or rape them.

15. Word. it just reallly depends on the situation. you got hella lucky I bet your were tripping balls.

16. good luck, man but that wasn't that close but still good job

17. bc if u dont then he says "dogs on the way" .. then ur fucked