closed pressure column extractor operation

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by THEDOO, Sep 21, 2015.

1. picked up a nice 180 gram closed column pressure extractor with dewax column its a shorty. Thing looks great but never used one before just did open blasting. Does anyone have experience with this type of unit? I checked out a bunch of youtube stuff and have the basic understanding of it, but not really sure how much tane you should put into one of these units or what the pressures should be around. Any help would be great.

2. Before you blast, pull the tube down to a full vacuum before adding your cans and letting it soak. That will be the safest way to use it like that. Should not need any more than one can per ounce, usually dont even need that if you have a tube you can soak with like yours.

3. hey jimmy thanks for the info, I read that big thread in here, and love all the info you contributed to the bho scene. I am a newbie but thanks to you and me being a reading freak your info has helped me so much. I have the vac pump and planned on vaccing the chamber, but really wasn't sure how much tane would fit in safely, I do have a pressure gauge so I can watch my pressures. just don't know what they should be haha. The guys who make the unit weren't exactly clear on how much to use cause there so many factors, but they said about 1 can for that unit. I plan on using dry ice also.

4. Hey guys how long would you soak the material? Been thinking about getting one of these closed pressure columns with the dry-ice sleeve to potentially increase yields on my trim runs vs open blasting through glass tubes. And also could be piece one of a CLS.
    Is 20 mins too long to soak if the sleeve has dry ice/alcohol chilling the column? Any thoughts are much appreciated!