Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Closed Eye Visuals?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by unclemeat1129, Oct 13, 2009.

1. When I was a noobie smoker, I would take even the smallest amount of hits from even the weakest strand of weed and I would get closed-eye visuals. Music would intensify these visuals, but I digress. Now, as I get older and smoke more, the visuals disappear. I told my friend about this, he said its not normal, and that he thinks my stuff must have been laced. However, this is the same situation from a friend of mine, who I happened to smoke up for the first time in his life recently. He still gets the visuals, but gets completely different stuff than me, from a completely different person. I just don't understand, does it have to do with the fact that we've both got ADD? That was my first guess, but I really have no idea. What the hell causes closed-eye visuals in weed for some people and none for others?

2. Never really been sure what people actually meant by closed eye visuals, like you see things as if you're dreaming?

When I close my eyes for a few seconds i see some sort of pattern things an feel really high, if im walking along an have my eyes closed i feel like im starting to float away :D

3. Only very strong strains of marijuana can give you a sort of physcedellic state but it rarely happens. None of my friends have ever experienced this.

4. My first ime was 2 days ago, and i had to same thing happen to me. When I would close my eyes I would see things like stands of color or colored shpes floating in black space. It was really weird. It might be really strong weed combined with it being your first time and or smoking to much.

5. I've had both closed and open eye visuals from weed. Open eye visuals are something I haven't experienced in a very long time, but closed eye visuals aren't too uncommon with strong sativas.

6. The first time I smoked, this happened to me. I saw like green lines and shapes moving around. It was cool, but it hasnt happened since. It must just have to do with low tolerance.

7. I used to do this as a lil kid but then I found weed.

8. Pretty sure everyone is talking about closed eye visuals as a result of weed ;)

9. You used to do what? . . Are youuu lost?

10. i get CEVs every single time i smoke, which is why i smoke by myself in my room before bed, so i can enjoy them. its all kinds of shapes and patterns that look EXTREMELY familiar, but I know I've never seen them before. They keep shapeshifting into other objects. Sometimes its even things I have seen before, a few days ago a whole lot of spiderman stuff was flashing very quickly before my closed eyes. this happens everytime for me/

11. I remember way back when Colombian Gold and Colombian Red were popular you not only got closed eye visuals but audio hallucinations to go witem'. Hahaha. I used to see cartoon characters, animated 3D images and things like living collages and Benny Hill type stuff. Sometimes the closed eye visuals were more intense and colorful than an acid trip. That was the best part of the high, besides the fits of laughter. 1 joint and it was on like Donkey Kong!

12. in closed eye visuals i feel like i'm being pulled into the visualization, i haven't "tripped on weed" in a long time.

13. I used to love the closed eye visuals
    Sadly I never get them anymore :(
    Maybe a little bit but it feels far away
    Nothing like the striaght up lucid looking thigns I used to see

I used to get stuck on seeing patrick from spongebob witht he background all mirrored like a fly's eye and the colorsin the background would change and hed be rolling his tounge out and shit
    and all it took was for me to think "this is kinda funny"
    and I would die of laughter
    The good days :(

14. I get very fascinating, intricate but fluid (constantly in motion and changing from one thing to another) closed eye visuals when I just smoke a ton
    they generally don't last for more than at most, the five minutes after I've smoked where its all peaking.
    But I've seen like, tigers become women become flowers become old automobiles :p
    all while dull colors and lines and flashes, bubbles of weirdness, move all around it

15. If I am REALLLY ripped I also get these performances of shape shifting objects in my mind. Usually I have to be so high that it is dizzying to stay up and I usually just lie down and listen to music with headphones and close my eyes. Actually I did this the other night and listened to the album "Mirrored" by Battles. It's like they made this album specifically for closed eye visuals. haha what a show. I have never had open eye visuals though.

16. =Imagination.

I have experienced what you're talking about. Strong marijuana has a tendency to break down creative walls in your brain, allowing for your thoughts to run free. That's why you don't have much control over what you see in your head, thus being classified as "visuals" instead of "thoughts". It's basically just seeing images in your head. I have experienced very minute open eye visuals from marijuana. No, it wasn't laced. It was almost like super-imposed over what I was seeing. Like watching a movie that was playing on a transparent screen in front of me. I could still watch stuff happening around me in real life, but I was in a world of alternate reality. That's what happens when you don't stop toking after you start coughing. :smoking:

17. Happend to me. i was walking around at 12:00 at night with my buddys and i looked up to see this plane with the 2 lights. those 2 lights turned into 4 n was a circule spinning getting closer i said to my friend oh shit...there coming. that night i got into my driveway look in it and see this bigass dog in the driveway i yell "Oh Shit Neekas Out!!!" in fear. nothing was there lol

Lmao good times

18. Well I've had CEVs before and it was awesome! Like the things I saw were very abstract but seemed familiar. I also got some weird sounds with my CEV like cartoon sounds which made me laugh which made people who were trying to sleep tell me to shut up but god damn that was a good night!

Smoking at some kids house for like an hour than his dad comes home who is like a supplier to the dealers and OMFG he basically told us to smoke until we can't smoke anymore. lol <--2nd best time smoking ever!

19. when i smoke a lot, and listen to ac/dc, i would always close my eyes, and see like a laser show of me playing the music. like a color outline of me, but another appears slightly in front of it, and another. like 12 frames per second or something. was awesome. haven't tried to do that in a while, i should tonight. but yeah, CEVs certainly happen :D

20. I get them when I get "Headbusting" hits. It's what we around here call taking a huge hit that just makes you feel WOW. Also get slight image distortion when getting hits like that.