Close to Harvest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LittleRichie, Jun 10, 2019.

1. I’m into week 7 of flowering and my trichromes are turning milky with a couple turning amber. I last fed them 5 days ago and flushed once. I have 2 different phenos from the same strain it’s Gorilla Cookies and one is definitely Sativa the other Indica of course. My question is do I need to flush for 2 weeks as a solid rule? I’m concerned about the Indica going a little overtime she’s the one showing more change in the trichromes with more amber than the Sativa. I was using Cyco nutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It sounds like if your going by trichs go til you get the kinda high you like. Posting some pics people may respond also if your looking for advice friend..good luck!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks I’ll try to post pics I have a cheap microscope and I have trouble getting pics with it. The breeder gives a flowering time of 9 weeks and that’s what I was originally going by that’s why I fed into week 7 but I’ve also been watching the trichromes and I really don’t want couch lock

4. [​IMG][​IMG]

First sorry about the quality of the pics. The first photo is the Sativa just turning milky the second is the Indica and you can see an amber trichrome in the front. Wanting my bud to taste good without knocking me out I water roughly 3 quarts every 3 days so tomorrow will be my second flush.

5. When they’re all milky is when the plant is at its highest potency. Not much evidence besides bro science to support the color of trichomes changes the high.

Cutting out nutes and just watering like normal isn’t a flush. Putting several gallons of water through your medium is a flush. My last grow I got the PPM of the runoff during flush below 300. I took around 10 gallons a plant. By harvest the ppm was right around 150 for each plant.

6. Nice..do you have a picture if the plant as a whole? I grow dwc and to flush like the person above me said I have to change water in dwc every 12 hours or so a couple times to flush

7. The first pic shows cloudy and clear though it's definitely hard to get trich pics I've been unsuccessful on that aspect lol

8. [​IMG][​IMG]

Here are pics of both plants. Thanx for the tip on the flush it’s my first indoor grow. I don’t think they’re quite ready yet but I think they’re getting close. I definitely don’t want to harvest too early late is better in my mind but I don’t really want to go to sleep either.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Your getting after it!! They looking close man...I look for the calyxs that the pistols are coming out of to be way swollen and you almost don't see the pistols they so swoll..and just a little Amber..cuz I'm a upper kinda stoner

• Like Like x 1
  10. Me too that’s why I’m watching them so closely. Getting antsy at this point.

11. I see more clear than cloudy.. might be a 10 week strain

Flower tent Vegging outside the flower tent

12. That’s the Sativa I expect her to go longer. I’m more concerned about the Indica pheno going too long