Close Encounters

Discussion in 'General' started by nugglord_420, May 24, 2008.

1. Whatsup Grasscity?

Tonight I got shooken up a little bit it seems. It's been a nice weekend day, perfect weather and all that. Me and a few friends decided we'd ride out to the riverbank, start a fire, and have a few drinks.

So we parked our cars at the usual spot, hiked our asses half a mile through the thick ass tick infested thorn bushes and started our little fire. It was already dark, I didn't have anything to drink because of painful fucking heartburn. So I just collected firewood and chatted with this girl who just moved here.

So my buddys decided they needed some speeders, which were in the car. So away they go into the woods. Me and this girl are now alone, and sober (surprisingly) - so we kept chatting. Found out alot about this girl, we were brought up much alike, shes actually 4 days younger than me, and shes absolutely drop dead gorgeous. We instantly connected.

Anyway, the part about being shooken up.

While the guys are in the car down the river, and while our conversation is going on - the girl says, "Do you feel like we're being watched right now?" And I could see the hairs all over her body stand on end. I basically told her that it was probably some curious animal checking out the fire. So we keep talking quietly, the entire time her hair is still standing on end. Then out of nowhere a rock comes flying from the swamp behind us and lands about 10 feet from me. My first thought was that it was one of the guys messing with us, so I got up and said into the darkness "okay, jokes over guys" No response.

Now I'm starting to weird out a little bit. I just sat back down and we talked about what just happened. Still listening intently for any sound. A stick cracking or something that might give my buddys away. Shortly after, we heard some dogs barking wildly from a house down the road. Something riled these dogs up quick. As soon as the dogs went silent we heard this very strange grunting sound from around the same area. The girl with me said, "listen, doesn't that sound like a chimpanzee to you?" Indeed, it sounded like a chimp - but it was much lower in pitch, aggressive, and distinct. Not to mention I'm quite familiar with local wildlife and I've never heard anything like this.

When the guys got back, we asked them if they were fucking with us. They all said no, then asked us if we heard the dogs and that grunting noise. So with all that's happened I've come to my only conclusion. Could this be the elusive great North American ape? Could it be a Sasquatch?

What's really interesting is that I've had people tell me about weird things that happen around that stretch of the river. An older guy I know once described an incident where he was sleeping in his car about a mile from where we were. He was doing some field work studying the migratory patterns of mice or something of the sort. While he was sleeping he awoke feeling very nervous and looked in his rear view to see a large black face peering into his car. As soon as he turned around, whatever was watching him had turned and walked off into the dense forest.

So grasscity, what are your thoughts? What do you think I might have encountered?
    Do you have any similar experiences?
    Do you believe that we are not the only apes to roam North America?

2. Dude, thats pretty freaky.

Hopefully you played on the fearful situation and kept that girl safe ;)

Maybe it was just some backwards hillbilly bushmen?