Close Calls...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by --jamminout--, Aug 26, 2013.

1. So yesterday I had a crazy experience. 

Was chilling at my homies pad smokin a bit, and relaxing when I realized how late it was. (probably round midnight)

I said my goodbyes and headed back to my car. I got in and realized that I wanted an Arizona, so I leaned over to count how much change I had when I heard tires schreeching and a loud crunch. Now maybe it was cause I was stoned or my position in my car cause when I sat up i looked behind me first. Nothing was there.... 

Then I looked forward and I was litereally staring into the headlights of a pick-up truck.... Some guy had crossed over the double yellow line and had hit the car parked in front of me. He hit it with enough force to break into the interior of the car and bend the wheel. It was absolutely terrifying.... For like 10 seconds I was just sitting in my car with my mouth open like  :eek: 

And then the guy backed up and continued driving like nothing happened.

what a night... 

2. Don't drink and drive, kids. You'll kill yourself and probably somebody else too.

3. Did you like follow him or anything? Call the cops? Don't tell me you just went on your merry way after this

4. Did you report the vehicle? I hate when people get away with stuff like that.

TBH I did dip... But there were other people in the area that were currently calling the police. I didn't have any good information for them, since I couldnt see the license plate... All i knew was that it was a blue pick-up

6. Well atleast you're honest haha. As long as other people were taking care of it its cool. Still though crazy shit, you got mad lucky

7. one night i was walkin to my connects apt, which at the time was probably just 2 blocks up from where I lived. my homeboy offered to go with me but I figured fuck it it's just 2 blocks, I'll live. On the way back I passed by some dudes (haha, im almost tempted to say 'go ahead, guess their race..), anyway, I dont make it past the fuckers before i hear footsteps to my right and see one of them 'squaring' up like hes getting ready to fight and sayin cmon cmon cmon. He tried to pick me up from behind and dip me but I threw my head back and got him in the face, other dude tries to pull some hockeymove on me where he pulls my jacket over my head and almost off (the weed is in my jacket pockets), so i held onto my jacket for dear life by its sleeves thinking please god dont let the weed fall out, if these fuckers see that its over. i manage to put my jacket back on letting one dude get a karate kick in on my thigh, 3rd guy throws a haymaker and i dodge and uppercut the fucker off the curb and into the street where his homies rush to him. car pulls up, starts honking, I start on my way and the skidmarks run across the street to some house. people in the car were like do you want us to call the cops and im like um, if you want, im not sticking around though.
    Made it home with the weed in one piece, the end.

8. hell yeah there ya go dude

Anyone else have some close calls stories?

9. I rarely see the point of lying online, why would I bother making something up like that :p

But yes i got soo lucky, the way i figure is that If that other cars wheel well and shit wasn't there I would have easily ended up in the hospital.

10. No haha you're being honest about the fact that you just bounced

11. I believe your story. Sorry for the double.post I can't edit my original one

12. #12 SiriusWolff, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    A few months ago i've gotten back into biking alot. At my old place i had a nice routine that i'd take everyday before lifting. It's all out in the country ya know farm fields, 50mph speed limits, not much traffic. Most days i'd always look around before i would turn around after the last hill but today i got cocky. I literally thought to myself "o you would hear it if someone was coming" so i blatantly swing around lazily to turn around and i look up and hear a screech. Fuckin 2005+ Chevy 1500 wheels locked up coming right for me. Well i pedaled hard to get out of the way be he swung the same way i did kinda like when you and someone try and dodge eachother but go the same way by accident in a hallway? it was just like that. Instantly i thought "ah fuck this is how it ends huh". Miraculously this guy was smart enough to get off the brakes and swerve the other way dodging me by a couple inches and the guy behind him almost clipped me. I was totally prepared for them to hit my rear tire and send me flying. Afterwards i can't really say my heart was going fast or anything mainly i was ashamed for almost making this guy hit me / crash his truck so i just kept riding and he slowed down and saw me leaving and let it be.

WOW! that is ridiculous