Close call with the cops

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dallasboy678, Jun 26, 2010.

1. I picked up some weed from my dealer on my way to class this morning. Whenever
    I transport weed from one place to another, I always stick in a hollowed out highligher(s), and it stays there until I get home and put it in my stash jar. In this case I had 5 highlighters full of weed on my dash board. I would have put them in my backpack, but I was running late.

After class I was driving home with my friend. He was checking out the weed, and then I saw the cop car behind us. The flashing lights of doom. "Put it away!" I yelled at my friend. The cop came up to the car and said, "You were going 43 in a 40, sir. That's almost 5 over the speed limit." I have never had a ticket, and I was not going to get my first one for this. I pleaded with the cop, and he took a look in the car and said, "Why do you have so many highlighters?" I just laughed and said "I'm an English major" (true). He asked to see one.

My heart sank as I reached for one. They were hollowed out so if you took off the cap, it was really obvious that things are hidden. I gave it to him, shaking my head. He opened it, my eyes closed this whole time. As I was expecting to be thrown out of the car and handcuffed, he gave it back and said "I'll give you a warning. Have a nice day." and walked away. I looked at my friend and asked what happened. He said he had an extra highlighter and replaced the one he was looking at with a normal highlighter. It was pure luck that I reached for that one, but I got away clean and I'm smoking the weed with my friend right now.

2. I hate how cops are starting to pull people over for going 2-5 mphs over the speed limit. 5 has always been the limit for how far you should go over and always should be. If your going 5 over, chances are your not trying to speed, it's just natural. Sounds like a cool cop though, although a whole bunch of highlighters is sketchy ha.

3. Yeah the cop was pretty chill. That is very rare in Dallas lol.

4. on the fourth of july, my sister was pulled over going 26 in a 25, like seriously, that cops hates my family, 3 years ago my brother busted his windows out, that may be the reason why to pull someone going 1 MPH over speed limit