Cloning

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by joemamma98, Jul 19, 2010.

1. I am looking for some info on cloning. I tried to clone a few trims, but things are looking slow to root. I have used rooting hormone and placed them in straight peat moss.

Anyone have any ideas on techniques?

2. hmmm... ive had 100% cloning success to date, but all my clones have been for hydro grows. I just take a sterilized razor, take a cutting, dab it in a tiny bit of clonex, place cutting in foam insert into pot, and pop it into my little rumpleforeskin style cloner (http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/444974-lets-build-clone-machine-step-step.html) with a 16/8 light schedule. are you growing these cuttings indoor or outdoor.

3. I have not cloned much. I have seen alot of youtube videos for clones. They are all basicly the same with subtle differences. ie. where to cut and striping back the ends of cuts and placing riflings on the stems. Just trying a few different methods to see if I get results.

I like your DIY how to make your own clone machine. I will be building one of these. Can you do any cloning with out a misting machine? ie. using perlite or peat a substrate.

Answer to your question. The clones are for mother plants for next seasons outdoor grow. I have several strains growing nicely from seeds. I would like to clone these to grow mother plants over the winter and start new clones for next spring.

4. Cloning is really not that hard of a process. No matter what you do, you should get rooted clones, whether it takes 5 days or 10 days. Over thinking the process, is really just that. You can take a cutting, place it in water, and I guarantee in 10 days it will have some roots.

My preferred method is to take a cutting, dip it into rooting gel, and then into pre-treated hydroton cubes and mist once a day, as well as making sure the hydroton cube is always wet. In 5-10 days I will have rooted clones guaranteed.

Point is cloning is not hard, and really doesn't deserve all the topics it brings up. It is understandable, but in the end once you do it, you really realize that there is nothing to it.

5. I have had quality success cloning my ornimental house plants. My success with MJ not so quality, I have had success, some great, some not. To date I have just done the Jiffy Pot method. My new plan is to build a "Rumple" cloner, sorry not great with the linking scroll up if you want to get the link to it. My caregiver has been using a EZ-Clone, for 2 years now of cutting every 2 weeks, he claims 100% success. But, also says build your own works jsut as well, in fact he has the $300 EZ-Clone next to the $75 DIY, uses them both.

What I mostly know about JiffyPots is: Take 8 times as many cuttings as yu want plants in the end. Every week cut the number you cloned in half till you get to your goal, and hope that many are good are ready to plant. But does work, and $5 is less than $75

6. I'm new to indoor hydro this year, been reading a ton here at the City and decided to try Budslinger's bubble cloner.

First batch was eight clones from eight different plants so I could sex the plants. 100% success with the clones, picked my mother for my SCROG, took six clones from her and again 100% success rate getting roots.

I've never cloned before but it couldn't be any easier than with a bubble cloner. I'm sure Rumple's aerocloner works great also, but the bubble cloner is simpler to build and maintain. I give five stars to the bubble cloner!:gc_rocks:

7. i use coco/perlite...take a cutting....plug in coco.....little rizo....1 week its growin' like a bitch...pretty simple:smoking: