Cloning with honey

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by stuff1811, Jul 7, 2011.

1. I heard you can clone with organic honey

2. found some quotes from another forum

Hi.
    Has anyone tried honey as an organic cloning gel instead of other products like clonex etc.
    I heard about it a few months ago and tried it. It worked really well and the clones had lots of healthy roots coming out of them when I checked them.

Peace and happy toking.

1st REPLY

The reason it works is that cannabis doesn't need anything at all to help it take root. The hormones for making roots are already present in the cutting.

It is believed that adding the hormone increases the likelyhood or speed of the cutting taking root.

Cannabis is genetically engineered to colonise in a number of ways. If a cutting is expected to fall from a plant in the wild and manage to find grounds for root then you pampering it with 100% humidity and decent light should be enough on it's own... and strangely enough it is.

3. It does work. I've tried it and know others who have too.

4. It worked for my bean plants, I had 50% success with 4 cuttings in pucks on a heat mat. You can google the receipie, but its basically just boiling honey in water, let it cool, then dip the cuttings in the solution (instead of rooting hormone)

The science behind it is that honey has anti-bacterial properties.

5. look up willow tree cloning solution diy or something.