Cloning the old fashioned way.....

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by yummygreenmedicine, Jul 2, 2015.

1. If I take a clone and stick it in some juicy organic soil mix with some rooting hormone will it grow?

2. Well not if the soil is to hot or "juicy" with nutes. And not as simple as just put in a cup. But yes, marijuana can be cloned this way. Given you keep room rh high and spray leaves a couple times a day, etc.

3. my mother plants are in 1 gallon smartpot sips, i recently tried cloning them into their own pot with great success! once the clones took i could chop the mothers so they dont take as much space. i think it worked well mainly because they are in a sip tray and the soil is always perfectly moist.

oh and try rubbing the stem on an aloe fillet instead of rooting hormone next time!

4. For my recent cloning I took the clones soaked them in water with aloe vera added and stuck them into some old soil. I did not spray them at all I just watered them when necessary. 3 of 8 have rooted and only 1 has not made it so far. I also trimmed leaves off so there was only the top set of leaves on each plant or the top few sets of leaves something like that. It works maybe not as good as other methods but it works. I should mention they were cloned outside as well not in a grow room.

5. yes.