cloning (roots)WTF?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bitterscooter, Nov 5, 2007.

1. OK I have cloned O-many of tomato plants but I'm not having the best of luck with MJ
    so I do what the vid on u-tube tells me and the plant lives for 2 weeks or more but when I peek to see if the roots have started all I see is the bottom 1" is a ball mass that I would say is a root but not a nice root that's for sure!
    I use RWcubes(PH is right letting them sit for 24hrs),rooting powder, super thrive and new surgical blades every time but I can't seem to master this and its driving me nuts!!
    what the hell is it I'm doing wrong or is this ball mass the right start in the root development??
    I'll take a pic tomorrow
    cheers
    Scooter

2. so when your rooting it do you keep something over the plant too keep the humidity high? how do you take clones and what not too start out with?

3. ya I put them in a 6" hut prop box (ones with the clear lids black bottoms)
    the humidity is 80%-90% all the time!! temps are 78-85ish

cheers

4. Getting some CO2 into that upside down container?

5. are you useing a heating pad?

if not try it on low setting with a towel in between it and the container, you might want to fold the towel into a double layer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I'll try a heat pad for tonights clones !! I can't seem to keep up to the mothers right now!!
    I was also told to put them into dark for 12hrs after cloning ?
    and I also think my RWcubes are a bit to wet and the clones don't have to work to find water ,this might also be a prob I'm having??
    I'll master this!! I hope??

I'll post pics tonight!!
    thanks
    Scooter

7. here's a pic of the clone its been in RW cube for 10 days and this is what I'm getting
    just a mass(ball) its root but just a mass of it
    sorry the pic is so bad but its the best I could do!!

I took 10 clones tonight from 4 mothers I put half in RWcubes and the other half in peat pellets I put a heat pad under them(all) and I took a few and put them into dark for 12hrs just to see if it helps??

here: http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/25376

has anyone seen this before ?? and wtf is it I'm doing wrong??

cheers
    Scooter

8. OK I checked out some other clones today ,I had 4 being from bag seed mother and the 3 from 3 different mothers that are from some white rhino seeds(given to me by a great guy btw!)
    so I dug into the RWcubes to see what if anything was going on in there !! sure enough these bag seed plants are the only ones doing this growth thing
    the 3 white rhino's have a nice stringy root system starting !! so it leds me to think its something with the bag seed ones only ?? I starting to think its not worth trying anymore with this one thats seems to be the biggest bastard and I don't even know if its female and I have one other bag seed mother and I just confirmed its female with the 1 clone out of 7 that has taken root so far! I think knowing what she is I will keep her around for a few months

the 3 white rhino's that have taken root are now into some dirt and under better light waiting to go under 12/12 this Sun!! the roots on them were real good each had more than 10 spots with root strings shooting out 1/8"- 1/4"

this makes me feel better !! knowing that I don't suck that bad at cloning!!

cheers
    Scooter