Cloning questions?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tuko007, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Hi i have a couple of questions about cloning after watching some videos!:

1.- Whats the cheapest solutions for clonning, the cheapest one ive seen is 25 bucks.

2.- How necessary are the clonning solutions for a succesful cloning.

3.- iv'e read, when you cut the clone out of the plant you have to inmediatley put it into the soulution or the soil but also ive read that after taking the clone you got to make a cut in the middle of the stem and then put it into soil or solution.
    Ty in advanced for your answers!

2. #4 FullBowlFriday, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    2. Without it your rooting time can be double and lower success rate, so use it.

3. Ive only tried the first method, i submerge em in water to keep em happy while i get the rest of my supplies ready, oh and dont dip directly into your rooting powder jar, get some on a water bottle cap or something, i add a little water so my rooting powder is a paste, i use the kind they linked you to up there ^

3. #5 bznuts916, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    I like to cut em off the mother plant and soak em in a cup of plain h20. before the cup the nodes are trimmed, leaving two or so at the top, for the new cut. i trim leaves up to half way up the leaf to help conserve space. leave atleast two nice leaves on the clone so the plant can develop a root system. from the h2o they get dipped in clonex cutting solution, and finally into rockwool plugs or an ez cloner.

4. so the cut in the middle of the stem is not necessary when using a cloning solution? also another question should i take the clone that has a budsite ? or not necessarly?

5. Cool powder btw thats defenetly the way to go! ty for the info!

6. [quote name='"tuko007"']so the cut in the middle of the stem is not necessary when using a cloning solution? also another question should i take the clone that has a budsite ? or not necessarly?[/quote]

I beleive the cut in the middle is to provide more surface area for the rooting powder not sure, as for your other question, budsite? Is your plant in flower currently?

7. yes, the budsite is not developed completeley its on day 2 flower

8. Id say take the clones from the bottom of the plant soon, dont wanna have to re-veg the clones

9. i always split the bottom of my stem and scrape away a small amount of green on the outside of the stem. it give more surface area for the rooting powder and then also for roots to come out of.

some of my best clones have come from a plant thats been in flower for a 7-10 days. i believe that during the transitional period there are a higher amount of rooting hormones in the plant.

good luck.

10. so i have to take the clone form a branch that has a flower/bud site right? cuz other brances only have leaves, its a bushy plant

11. yes, you want to cut a stem that has multiple leaf/budsites. i usually take clones with 4-6 leaf/budsites going up the stem. depending on strain they are usually 3-6 inches tall.

12. you're looking for the word "nodes"

13. yup, but he was using a different term and i didnt want to confuse anybody.

14. heres the reason of my question: every branch out of this plant ends un in a budsite, so i have to sacrifice one of the budsites

Attached Files:

• aa.JPG
      aa.JPG
      File size:
      117.1 KB
      Views:
    • bb.JPG
      bb.JPG
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:
    • cc.JPG
      cc.JPG
      File size:
      105.9 KB
      Views:
  15. or mayebe it still has te develop a little more ?

16. yes, thats what a clone is. a branch/stem/budsite whatever you wana call it. you sacrifice a budsite on the mom to create a full blown plant with many budsites.

you cant just clone a leaf and expect it to grow into a plant.

a leaf will root but it wont grow into anything.

17. I have read a bunch of people using nothing more than water. The rooting solution I am sure works great. What some people have used that I am going to use is called a bubble cloner. Keep fresh water in it and put in air stones with a air pump for an aquarium. I am going to be using Folgers cans to put everything in.

18. your right, you can clone with out using any rooting gel or powder, it just takes a little longer. So that $5 bottle of powder that lasts me a year is worth it to speed my clones up by 3-5 days.

are you planning on making your own DIY bubble cloner? or buying one like an easy cloner?