Cloning question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by YouLookAdopted, Feb 10, 2013.

1. I will have a smallish propagation chamber in my set up with T5 light, tray and dome, etc, above a main veg and flower chamber. I understand I should take clones during 3/4 week of veg just before pre-flowering. If I take them and put them in the propagation chamber, how will I keep control of them while the rest veg and flower for 7 weeks or so in the veg/flowering chamber? Will they not grow too big? Will they be ok without nutrients? This will be a 6' tall cabinet with about 4.5' of grow space in main chamber using DWC hydro and LED lights. Trying to figure out how this will work. Any guidance on cloning best practices would be very much appreciated.

2. Your chamber will not suppert the clones for 7 weeks. You need a seperate veg area.

You could take your cuts at week 2 or 3 of flower. That may work for space restrictions.

3. Thanks for the reply. I figured as much. I'm wondering what the risks are of taking clones well in to flower? It's more costly and time consuming, but maybe I should stick to seeds and just start germinating a week before harvest or something.

4. It very common to take cuts in flower. They root quickly. Just remember, the later in flower the cut is taken, the longer it will take to revert back to veg. This means real funky one finger leaves for a while.