Cloning Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Arch5682, Jul 10, 2014.

1. I'm having a little trouble cloning my plants. I started off from seed and successfully made a motherplant. The motherplant is still doing really great so the problem is in the clones.
    I then started reading up on cloning and watched every video there is. I did everything the way I was supposed to. 
    Cut the clones at a 45 degree angle, use cloning powder and put the in little rockwool cubes.
    I then put the cubes in the holding tray in a dome. I put perlite on the bottom like 0.7 inch thick.
    We have the humidity around 90% , sometimes it does get more. it has a constant 25 degrees celsius which is 77 fahrenheit when the lights are on. And it goes to 21 degrees celsius ( 69 fahrenheit )
    when the lights are off. We have lights on 18 / 6. We spray water that is 5.5 PH with a rootstim
    and we pour that same water into the perlite so there'll be enough water. The cubes touch the perlite but are not in the water so the roots should get enough oxygen. I do have to say our cloning powder is like 2 years old but I read it doesn't go bad. 
    I'll throw in a picture so you guys can see , this is about after 7 days. Leaves have fallen down and stems are looking purplish. And I am all out of ideas.
    Maybe important to tell that the first 2 days it got to 33 degrees celsius ( 91 fahrenheit ) and it dropped to 19.1 degrees celsius ( 66 fahrenheit ) , but we corrected that after 2 days.

Attached Files:

2. The OP starts with ' I ' and ends with 'WE' ...this is an issue, ensure only one monkey at the wheel at the same time ...thank you!

Ask any noobie about cloning and they all say the same..................................."I'm trying to grow roots on the twig"

Understand you are,  but thats not the full story, see it as "CAMBIUM ENGINEERING"   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vascular_cambium

Enticing root knubs to grow from the inner bark of a live stem, and keeping the twig alive in the same process, best done in a totally save environment, using heat, dark, light and water 

With you above clones, you need to keep them tidy and small, the place or position you take therm from on the plant is vip, take them from the bottom working up, as there is more hormones in the twigs lower down, more (N) to deal with in clones taken further up, which delays things.
    its important to understand what you are doing with the plant and the limits that you work with, with clean scissors cut each large fan leaf in half, you can google pics of this, but the best way to grow clones is in a bubble cloner

http://www.cannaversity.com/cannaversity/article.php?id=095  ..I get 95% returns and is fun