Cloning? Powder or gel? What make?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roosteregg, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Just wondering about cloning. I failed miserably last time I tried! I'll follow stickies, but just wondered whether to go rooting powder or gel? And what make is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Buy the cheapest #2 rooting powder you can find. They are all the same. Take clippings from plant, and put straight into a glass of water. After you are done taking the clippings, dip into the rooting powder 1 by 1 and put into peat pucks, and into tray. Cover with humidity dome, and put under 24 hr cfl's (not too much, maybe 4 x 23w for each tray) until rooted. This may take 7-14 days. Remove the dome each day to let fresh air in, and spray with water to keep humid. I have had 100% success rate with this method.

3. Cheers! I'll follow that to the letter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I'm with Mixted, I find cloning solutions and powders to be a waste of money. I get just as fast and successful results cloning directly in to soil or coco with no chemicals. If you are going to be doing more clones in the future investing in an aero cloner is a great idea. You can DIY one from the guide here at GC for about $50 and all you do is add water, insert clones, and leave it alone for a week or so.

5. Rooting powder may not be needed, but it certainly helps. Cheap #2 rooting powder is only $3-4 per bottle. For that kind of money, it doesn't make sense to not use it.

6. bubble cloner... look it up its extremely easy to make...

and i dont use rooting gel that shits a waste of money and its horrible for you health wise and it pollutes the environment... use straigt bubbles and water and youll get some dank ass clones every time... just make sure the cloner stays clean

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I have clone machine, don't use hormones in it either, but this is by far my favorite method. Straight into soil, no hormones. Put a plastic baggie over it for a few days and keep the soil moist. No fuss no hassle. I have rooting powder but hardly ever use it, no need too. I only use my clone machine to save space.

Attached Files:

8. Neither

Just use a piece of Styrofoam over a dark/opaque > 6" deep vessel with a bubbler

Plain RO water + a pinch of sea salt (~ 100ppm)

Usually 7-10 days I have lots of roots