Cloning Outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by squeeze10, Jul 25, 2008.

1. I was curious on how to clone outdoor and if it would be worth it for the two month grow time it will have? unsure of this subject

2. what i would do is i would have put a bag over one of the stems in order to determine the sex of the plant. this should be done before flowering. if you determine that one is a female, then you should clone it. but if you take cuttings during flowering, then it stresses the clone which is not good.

3. use clonetrays and rockwool cubes and ph the water,put in shade.. i clone off mother plant outdoors with success..

4. Over the years ive found a good way to make plants sex way earlier is to top them. everytime I top a plant it shows sex atleast a month or 2 before my others that are left untopped. Im not a huge fan of topping I prefer LST but when I want to find out sex of a good strain for outdoor cloning early in the season I always top it at about 6 - 7 leaf sets. I think it shows earlier because the side branches get way bigger faster than the ones I dont top and the sex shows on the side branches.

My friend told me about this earlier this season and it proved to be true. I would of planted 10 plants unsexed in ground if I didnt top them but they showed sex a week after I topped them and the others took months to show sex. It saves you alot of time when you dont plant males in your nice outdoor holes.

5. i took 7 clones off two of my girlies yesterday, and they are already perking up nice.

6. i assume its to late to take a clone of my budding 3month old 3 foot plant.
    IF i did take a cutting at harvest would it just spring back into veggin if kept on a window sill etc
    tried to search for the answers but nothing seems to answer my question on how best to preseve my outdoor plant somhow untill next season.

tia

7. Yes, you can take clones. If it's flowering, it may be difficult. I had no luck cloning off a flowering plant, but have only tried once. Sure would like to save the TW and grow it again, but a guy gave me nine differeent plants to try, so maybe later on.

OOPS< WRONG THREAD< SORRY
    Mine are getting closer, maybe first of month for Shiva and Mandala No.1 and TW, later, maybe much later, mid october for the Safari Mix from Mandala. One is ten feet tall, others are close. Amazing shit man.

Yes, it reverts back to veg. Remember, it's got no or new roots searching out water and nutrients to grow big and strong.

Good luck, and do not harvest early unless you really have to.

Thanks for the info friend!!

hiigel

Here is the description from Mandala, if you've not seen it. I would expect more than 8 oz, or hope so.

Type: mostly indicaContains land race genetics from: North India (Kashmir)Cultivation: indoor/outdoor (up to 46 latitude, balcony, greenhouse)Light: 400 W/m2Flowering time: 60-65 days/September (south); 1-2nd week October (north)Yield: 450-500 gr/m2; 16-17,5 oz/sq.ft. (dry weight)High: the classic chill-out weed; an expansive indica stone with a powerful high that sets in with the first lungfull of smoke; the buzz is first light headed and very balanced before switching to a stronger narcotic phase towards the end of your flight.Potency: 7/10; hash: 9/10; medical effects are immediate also with long-term use; suitable for regular med users.Aroma: fruity-berry; blackcurrant jam; hashyMedical use: Hashberry shows medical potential against anxiety and sleep disorders; it can provide calming effects for moderate pain relief (this is not a narcotic strain to aid against severe pain).[​IMG]HASHBERRY
    With this exceptional new strain we are building upon our successful breeding lines to offer growers an Indica that combines the best of many traits. Hashberry is the unique result from a rigorous selection of desirable parents, with special attention paid to preserve the hybrid vigor our strains are so valued for. This Indica will grow to a medium height and is a good choice where space matters and excellent for SOG. Hashberry develops a tight and heavy head bud with dense buds located on her firm side shoots. You will notice that many plants cover the bud leaves with a coat of THC glands and these will fill your pollinator/bubble bags generously

hiigel

8. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out next year. If that can avoid me starting them indoors to show sex or doing the bag thing or buying fem seeds that's cool!

9. I am always astonished that people find it so difficult to sex their plants. MJ gives preflowers quite early on - while still in the veg. state - still quite small and long before flowering proper begins. They can be tiny, and not always easily visible - maybe folks don´t know what to look for. Read my link. Thre is absolutely no need to try to induce early flowering, in fact that will cut down on the eventual yield.

10. I don't want to :ey:.

11. i just want to know if a lower small shoot will go back to veg once cloned at harvest and kept in an outdoor-indoor window sill with no artificail lights etc etc:wave:
    i suppose there is only one real way of finding out..
    i have nothiing to loose so at harvest i will try to keep a clone over the new year period in hope it might grow up again in spring..
    watch this space

12. Lots of you noobs think they know everything already.

13. Here we go.

14. if that was the case, i for 1 wouldnt be asking loads of daft questions and using the search bar here like 10 times a visit:eek:

15. #15 cantharis, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008

Good for you, nine bar, ask away. There is no such thing as a daft question - only daft people who won´t ask.
    And I always encourage people to use the search facility. And I have links to some of the most FAQs in my sig.

16. Got a problem with me, corto maltese? Then say what is on your mind, maybe you will get banned again.

17. i really have tried to find the specific answer to my question butnone really seeem to meet myexact situation
    you no what my set up is i assume and just currios if a clone from harvest ( dont want to stress the plant by doing it b4) will revert to veg and start up again in march?
    would it work and if so i assume keepinig it indoors would be bestdue to the cold at night in winter
    i am going to give it a go anyway regardless of this post going missing amounst a threaddrift argument with 2 users:devious::confused:

18. Nine bar, I am primarily an out door grower - I have re reread your question and thought about it, but do not really know the answer. Hope someone else can, regards cantharis

19. k, glad u saw it as you are properly closest to my grow situation in more ways than one.
    nice to know my posts arnt being overlooked as stupid questions etc etc

i am going to clone a few differnt cutting at various parts of the plant and leave them untill.

i will post the results if and when i have any

thanks for the re read
    :smoke:

20. i would say you most likely can clone out doors but you would need to use some tricks also. Number one i would cut the clones dip them in the gel and throw them into rock wool cubes right away, i dont know if thats readily available to you or not but i dont see why small cups of soil couldnt work. Keep the Cut clones in a dome type structure, to keep it humid due to the fact that the clones dont take root right away and their only way of getting water at this point is primarily through the leaves. After some time, i dont wanna say how long because it probably varies you will see if the plants make it or not. I would definitely do this before flowering though.

Also it might be worth it but only as long as the mother is a female plant, you cannot tell right away either so you have to try your luck, unless you started off with a female clone already then ur good.

Sorry if im wrong please correct me if i am.

good luck