Cloning My Plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xCrazYBuds, Jun 18, 2021.

1. My plant that I have topped multiple times now has new growth on the top, they are like 3 inches tall (new growth) if I take that off can I root it? Plant is like 5 weeks old.

2. Sure you can clone any part of the plant.
    This is where i would take clones as well when i top .
    Or from the bottoms when i lolly pop. Go for it

3. you can even clone a leaf but counts as a plant if you get busted. you can clone anything thats thicker than 1 mm

4. You can't Clone a Fan leaf.
    maybe you could get one to root. but its never going to grow into an actual plant.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I didnt say it would grow into an actual plant i said you can even clone a leaf, which will grow roots but not change colour or die for a very long time. i kept one alive for 6 months.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. k...

@xCrazYBuds there is NO POINT to ever "clone a fan leaf" its a waste of time, you will get literally nothing out of it at all.

dont do it

7. Leaf cuttings are a standard practice in Horticulture. Just do an internet search for "leaf cuttings" it all over the place. Some plants root well this way, other plants may take a long time. In Cannabis culture using the "softwood" method is the standard because it's most efficient for the size of grows from home Grow to most commercial grows. For mass production of a single strain try "micro tissue propagation". That's how the massive corporate flower and some vegetable growers propagate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. we are talking about weed though...

yea, so we agree.
    dont take fan leaves for cloning weed...

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Domes off for the photo. 95% will root in about 2 or 3 weeks.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Take like 3 clones if you got a dome. So they won't be lonely, and if dont make it you still have a couple. Then when they all root you can trash the extras if you dont have space for em. Perpetually growing is pretty efficient.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. jkill sure is over sensitive and seems to act like the thought police.Testing out cloning a leaf is a fun experiment the only reason not to try it would be plant numbers when you get busted. Even then the judge will likely not include the leaf as a plant.

12. nah man, i'm just trying to help the @OP out, and let him know that its literally the dumbest thing to clone a fan leaf.

maybe if someone is asking for advice on cloning you shouldnt go around telling people to clone FAN LEAVES

figure it out