Cloning machines

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Colenelson627, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Hey everyone,

I just purchased a hydrofarm oxyclone system and it will be my first time using something like this. The directions say you can get the best results using regular spring water, but I have a hard time believing it. I have a lot of different nutrients in my arsenal so I was wondering if it’s worthwhile to add a little something to it. Should I throw a little in there or should I just trust this machine and some bottled water?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Why not build your own for under $20.00 ...?
    read the manual and say its bull ..?
    before you feed your cuts ask yourself
    hows the plant gonna get goodness out of this...? ..lol

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The clones wont uptake nutrients until they have roots. They use what's stored in their leaves until that point. So adding nutrients would be pointless until the plant has roots to utilize the nutes

• Like Like x 2
  4. You wasted money. Just need a tray, cloning gell, rockwool cubes, and Razer. Also a bit of B-12 nutrient in the water helps root growth.

5. By that theory then you wasted money. All you need is soil and a cutting. That's all I do.

If someone chooses to buy a cloning machine it's not a waste if that's how they choose to do it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thank you, all I’m getting is replies saying I wasted my money. It was on sale for $30 at my local hydro shop and I felt like trying something new lol

• Like Like x 3
  7. Good for you! $30 is a great price! Good luck my friend!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thank you very much! I appreciate that.

9. Its more fun for them to point out where they think you messed up than to lend advice on the subject at hand. It's a superiority complex thing. If that's the way you want to clone, go for it. I used to use cloning machines. Built some, bought some but never wasted a penny because that's what I wanted to do at the time and they worked great. I gave them up because it just got to the point where I had to much equipment and I was looking to minimize the tasks for my grows. I remembered my grandma cloning tomatoe plants and thought why do I need all this stuff. I've cloned several different ways and been successful several different ways. I choose soil because it's simple, basic, space saving and works. If it comes down to money being the factor theres nothing cheaper, so those who say you are wasting money better be doing it like me or they're wasting money too. I dont even use cloning gels or powders. Cutting+ cup of soil.....no cubes, no gels, no trays, no b12. Heck I rarely even use a razor blade as I always have a sharp knife on my side, and guess what? I have just as much success at it as anyone with their rooting cubes or cloning machines. That doesnt mean the next guy has to choose that route. That's the route I went, pick your own route

• Like Like x 2
  10. Exactly. I don’t consider this a waste. Not even a little bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from the grow room using my fingers.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Plain clean water will work just fine. Sometimes even better. It’s more important to keep the leaves in the proper environment while the plant is trying to root out.

12. Exactly no clonex solution till u see roots

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Well I will follow along. I'm like u my time is worth more than $30.00. I will be making some cloners too! Going to bohdi regs next run

14. Very good Killset!! Like ur style!! U get bored come hang with us Ogs!

• Like Like x 2