Cloning in flowering stage?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by co420pturner, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Is this possible? I took a clipping one week into flowering and it's been right at 3 weeks and not dead still perky but still no roots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yes it's harder to get roots and takes longer but if you can then reveg it and it will become a monster with growth , and will grow all types of crazy..it's called monster cropping Google it there is a lot of tutorial on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Patience is the name of the game on this method but it works..you can also reveg a whole plant after harvest if you leave a few branches with leaves and keep it in the light 24/7 no darkness is best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I love a reveg same thing growth is Crazy!! Branches everywhere

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I am doubting your statement, I am wondering why more people don't do it. Any thoughts?

6. Please Google reveg cannabis and you will see. I don't just make things up you can even YOUTUBE IT Goliathgrower is the guys name he.does a reveg that insane

• Like Like x 1
  7. The reveg he does is called catus jack

• Like Like x 1
  8. But if it's a auto flower you can't clone it anyway or reveg they are on a one life cycle . Bc of ruderalis traits in it. So if it's photo your golden if it's auto no go

9. I took my current mother plant 5 days into flower and she took about 3 weeks to root and grew single non serrated leaves for a couple weeks before she burst into a bush. I took 24 clones off her, twice, two weeks apart.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I've done it before and I have to do it again this crop to save my phenotypes. The clones I took in veg didn't root. I'm going to replace all of my cups on my clone machine. They're all growing algae too easy now. I'm going to clean the crap out of it and put it back together with my fingers crossed and clone about 3 weeks after flip.

I've cloned at harvest before. It works but it can take 4 weeks or so to get good roots.

The practice of cloning in flower is also referred to as monster cropping because the resulting clones go through a reveg/shock period. They shoot out branches everywhere and grow like a plant that has been topped a few times.
    Complete Guide to Monstercropping for Better Yields | Grow Weed Easy
    This plant shows the classic growth pattern of a monstercropped clone. This grower got a result similar to a manifolded plant without the time and effort!
    [​IMG]
    "When it comes to monstercropping cannabis plants, the main idea is to put a flowering plant back into the vegetative stage, either by growing a plant out again after harvest, or taking a clone from a flowering marijuana plant.

As a side effect of the re-vegging process, cannabis plants respond with odd growth patterns, which a grower can sometimes take advantage of to grow a more desirable plant."

Monster Cropping Marijuana
    "Monster Cropping is unique amongst training techniques in that it does not affect the plants you are currently growing. Rather, this technique involves taking clones from a mature plant during its flowering stage, producing offspring with numerous heads.

Monster Cropping works well with other training techniques, especially Lollipopping."

Monster Cropping Marijuana Plants
    "Monster cropping is a powerful method of creating huge buds from flowering cannabis plants. Also known as Flowering Clones, it’s not as popular as other training techniques but it often leads to remarkable harvests."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. The reason more people don't do it is the clones take so much longer to root then standard clones. Probably twice as long at least. They're also not as likely to root as clones taken in veg. It's not the easy way to go. It takes time for the plant to start growing normal again as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hence why I was saying....patience is the name of the game....most dont do it inside because the cost vs efficiency...its not ideal until you see the results yourself. I've done this before and enjoyed a hell of a harvest. It will set you back a few weeks and cost electricity which is why most wont/dont.

13. hmm I took a cutting in week 5 of flower and had roots in a week and a half. I used an aero cloner and just applied rooting hormone every other day until boom. so it can go without a hitch.

The strain is desfran

Attached Files:

14. I have these two clones not sure the strain they revegged these pictures are two months time is that normal or should they be bigger ? They grow much different then seed or normal clone . But yes it seemed to take forever to see anything

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am growing monster cropped clones right now. I got roots in 10 days with clonex rotting gel and humidity dome. Here is a link to my current grow. check it out

3rd indoor grow first grow journal from monster cropped clones

16. #16 storz, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    I thought i read on this thread that you can reveg AFTER HARVESTING if you left a branch or two with leaves on it. that was what i was asking about. Yes i did...see post #3. I know what monster cropping is. I have done it. But a whole plant after harvest......

17. #17 growNepal, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    I have also read it’s possible to. But I haven’t tried that myself yet.
    Goodluck..

18. I HAVE DONE IT, YOU NEED TO LEAVE ENOUGH LEAF MATERIAL ON IT SO WHEN YOU GO 24/0 IT CAN REVEG AND START OVER LIKE I SAID YOUTUBE REVEG CANNABIS OR LOOK UP GOLIATH GROWER BC HE REVEG ONE HE CALLED CATUS JACK

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #19 Jay_R_1787, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    It's been done by many growers....of course it needs to be worthy strain for most. I did it for the clones mostly then flowered the rest of the mother.

20. I'll chk the vids ok out. Thanks!