Cloning for hydroponics bubble

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by LT_420, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Hello I am very new to the hydroponics works and right now I’ve tried two different ways of cloning the first being taking a cutting and putting it into Rockwool with cloning hormones to promote roots I got roots but my plant was fried looking and dry and the water had algae in it so I tried just cutting a clone and putting it in shallow water with a bubbler under it and this one is starting to look alittle under the weather I need help please??

LT.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The cube was seeing light, that why for the algae.
    I have a small tub with cut out 3 inch holes in the top, and neoprene inserts. Those hold the cuttings up.
    In the tub I got RO water with nutes about 200 PPM, and 2 air stones with a cheap fish air pump.
    100% clone rate unless you just have shitty cuttings

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anyway you could visually show me what you mean?

LT.

4. Personally I don’t use nutes for my clones unless it’s a specific reason even then I’d add them with an eye dropper. If you want roots on your clones it’s all about fog and /or aero ponies. Pick up a 12 dollar ultrasonic mister/ fogger on eBay and you can build something for probably 25 bucks out of a hardware store. Here check out the ones I did. Also always remember to rough up the outer layer on the last half inch or so of your clippings stalk(or what will be). It will allow roots to sprout the whole diameter as a pose to just some stragglers from the clip. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I love roots !!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. A bubble cloner is easier to build ;) Find a tub about 8" deep with a lid, hotglue some airstones into the bottom of it, use a holesaw (running in reverse) to drill slightly undersized holes in the lid for neoprene collars, 1" sections of pool noodle work as well. Add enough distilled or RO water to cover the airstones. Plug in the airpump and the cuts will be spattered with water droplets as the bubbles burst.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I actually have one that i built. But when it comes to roots and hydro. The smaller the micron you can get the water molecules the easier the girls can absorb and utilize. My bubble bucket worked great !!! Shit for cloning vegging and flowering lol. There’s just no comparison in the rapid growth you get from micro sprayers and especially fog !! I use to drop an ultrasonic mister in my clone bucket also with the air stones.

7. I dont rate ultrasonic fog, i like my roots white and furry ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 Advocate4TheMT, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Then use absolutely no nutes until veg. The micron is so small fog it’s gonna stain fresh roots from a cutting if your using anything but prepped water. Regardless once the clone is ready for veg all the roots are gonna be white again 2 days into the new system. As long as they smell like fresh lettuce every time I pull them out from beginning to end I’m happy!! The round PVC cloner in the pic is aeroponics. You can see down through the net pot holes the half inch pvc with the micro sprayers ran down it. Micro sprayers keep your roots real white because they knock of the dead shit. Both have fog chamber though. You just can’t beat that micron size.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks, they`re not perfect. The aim is furry with no standing droplets like the ones top right ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Keep doin what your doin my friend. Most important part is have fun with it!!

11. The aim is a monstrous solid root mass in the shape of a 5 gallon bucket hanging from the bottom of your stalk when your flush is finished.

12. So a constant saturation of the Rockwool isn’t bueno?

LT.

13. No Rockwool isn’t meant to be constantly saturated.

14. If the roots fit in a 5 gallon bucket your not doing it right ;)

• Like Like x 1