Cloning For Dummies

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jcj77d, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Cloning For Dummies​

sorry guys, i tryed to make it text, i know how, but it slipped my mind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pics arent showing up.. they should make a clone sticky.. or is cloning easier than i think?

3. can anybody else see these pics

4. Nope, can't see them.

5. i see them, weird ill try to fix

6. can yall see now

7. I can see them now, very helpful thread.
    This will help clear up some grey areas about cloning.
    +rep

8. thanks, i found it helpful, especially the preping your cloning mediums ph.

9. Nice article, brings up a lot of steps most people leave out when cloning, very useful info for beginners new to cloning.

10. thanks, +rep oops cant got to spread it around

11. Bravo, yet another contribution to GC.

Mods should Def Sticky this.

12. This guide helped me tremendously during my cloning proccess. Mods please sticky

13. Cool I hope to grow in the future and never been exactly sure how its done and this seems very informative thanks alot! +REP

14. good thread thanks alot i'll be tryin this soon as i get a humitray:hello::hello:

15. Ok, just have one question. I started my first set of clones a few days ago, and they were pretty pissy the first two days but are starting to show some life. I know Im not there yet, but how long do you typically wait to let them join their adult buddies under the real grow lights? I've grown multiple times, but have never done clones, always have done seed.

Do I wait a certain amount of time or look for a sign from the plant?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

16. I have a similar question, how long can you keep clones in rockwool cubes under 24/7 flouro? I'm wondering b/c I'm in 4th week of veg with a 8 plant blueberry cabinet grow (from seed), desperately need to prune (bushy 20-26" babies), and I don't want to waste the cuttings. If I clone now, how long can I keep them in my jiffy tray under 24/7 flouro? Or, what should I transfer the healthy rooted clones to while the grow chamber is being occupied by my (hopefully) flowering females? (btw I'm using soil) Thx for the help:)

17. According to the Cannabis Grow Bible, once cuttings have been placed in the growing medium (rockwool etc), they will form roots over the next 1-3 weeks (depending on strain, environmental conditions etc). Once healthy clones display vigorous root growth, they are ready to transplant.

18. I built a DIY bubble cloner, bought a aeroponic cloner (used by my mate), and still lost clones....I was over thinking it. I've learned the temp and humidity of the air they breathe is by-far the most important aspect.

My current cloning method is real simple:
    -Water the mothers at least 18 hours before I cut so her clones are stiff and plump.
    -Soak the rockwool in pH adjusted water for a couple hours, I shoot for 6.0--then drain and soak again for a couple more and let it dry out.
    -Then I make soil cups just as I would for seed, put a rw cube on top and build the soil up around it, then water the cup really well.
    -When I take a clipping I cut the branch just below an internode and put it in a cup of water that has a little rooting powder mixed in.
    -Once I have all the clones cut and cups watered I shave the bottom inch, dip it in powder and stick it in the rw. Once cut from the mother I work fast to get 'em in the cubes.
    --Here is the trick. I have a 100 gallon aquarium with a home-made top--a rectangle box 13' high and completely sealed--a 4'' floro tube fits snugly on top. The inside is white the outside black to match the aquarium. The temp is a constant 85 degrees, and when clones are in there I turn up the aq. heater causing evaporation and 80% humidity.
    -They get sprayed twice a day but not watered until I see a new top forming and the typical upward "claw" of the fan leaves(about 15-25 days). After three weeks they are completely root bound and ready for the veg room and their first low-dose feeding.