Cloning during flower question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by redprimo, Aug 13, 2018.

1. I've got a Willy Q that is a couple weeks into flower and I'm now thinking about making a clone to be used as a mother. I've read that cloning at this stage can be a bit harder and that the clone takes on a "monster bud" structure.

My question is: If I use this as a mother will the clones off of it also have that same "monster bud" structure or will they be like the original that the mother was made from?

And just because everyone likes pictures, here is a pic of my Willy Q[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. Ok if u clone in flower which I do every grow . There's a certain reason I do it. The plant revegges under 24 7 light quickly. Then I train them. . The longer u wait in bloom the harder to get it to clone and start back to reveg. But that's my choice of time. That's when I get monster revegatatition and get plants Luke this inside or outside. Now mind u can keep them way smaller. But this is my method. [​IMG]

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. During reveg, the new growth springs autonomously throughout the buds, creating many new future bud sites, but if I clone one of these bracts, it doesn't just keep branching out beyond that. If you clone the bud and it revegs then the many sites should still appear, if it survives the cloning.
    There's another method of cloning that might help you called air layering.

4. If you make clones off a flowering plant ri use for an outdoor grow are you keeping the clone in a greenhouse or indoors under lights until spring? Will this result in a larger yeild than planting from seed with the same amount or time in veg?

5. I've done air layering with fruit trees but it never occurred to me to try it on cannabis, I think this is would be perfect for my Willy Q. I made some regular clones if some other strains about three weeks ago but I might redo those as air layering clones

6. Yes it makes bigger yields and yea u can veg all winter if u choose

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk