Cloning Chamber? Will this work?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mystic, May 24, 2007.

1. Is this set up ok?

Do I need to use the yellowish lights or the whitish ones with clones?

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. The white ones should be fine.

I have never really used a setup quite so air-tight before, but i suppose it shouldn't be a problem if you let air in every once in a while. I personally use an airoponic cloner with now humidity dome, so my set up is a little different. But, same end result. :)

My only suggestion to you would be to cut off some of those big fan leaves. Leave the ones on the top, but having big fan leaves just makes it harder to sustain the clone. I am sure others will disagree, but I have always seen far less wilting in my clones when I remove all of the large fan leaves except for the very top growth.

Good luck.

3. This will work just fine......first go cut off the three leaves that touch the sides right now.....do not allow anything to touch the sides ......maintain 100% humidity open them up and blow in new air once or twice a day
    If they do not root in the peat pellet......use 3oz cups and perlite .....learn to take lil' clones....and put 4 in that space like this pic below.....Good luck Bro.... :cool:

And don't worry your clones will be pretty and green the ones in the pics are being stress tested....to see how long they can be "Stalled" by controlled nutes....they are 7 weeks old...:eek::eek:

Attached Files:

4. I've seen some people saying they soak their clones 5-10 minutes before planting them...do you do that too?

What about using a superthrive solution with the water?

5. Read dierwolf's cloning post, he tells you exactly how to do it.

6. My first clone died...way to big I guess...folded completely in half. took two much smaller clones today. Want to perfect techniques before I start chopping away at my mom.

I'll check out Dierwolf

7. I havent lost any clones using a bucket and airstone, they seem to develop roots quicker also from my experience.... I also ensure i use sterile equip, cut under water etc etc...

I find its best to trim the large leaves off works the best... The others i did in rockwool drooped a little bit, but i didnt use a dome...

My Cloning Chamber Pic

There are sop many ways, and nearely all work well, just take a few extras :)