Cloning blues in tx

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deltascout, Mar 5, 2012.

1. i woke up today to find white mold all over the bottoms of a few of my jiffy pellets with my clones being as this is the first time ive attempted cloning im not sure what this is. Im hoping its roots developing like crazy but i dought it..any help would be awesome..[​IMG]

2. ...yeah, those jiffy pellets sucks imo....I'd look into Rapid Rooters next round, good luck bro.

3. I have 95 percent success rate with rockwool cubes in a humidity dome, cutting dipped in rooting gel, only using ph balanced water. 10-14 days.

ForumRunner_20120305_050251.png

4. I have rapid rooter I've never used I just figured they were more of hydro thing

5. ...rapid rooters are completely organic but can be used in hydroponics....the easiest way to clone, IMO is with an aeroponic cloner....100% success, everytime, always.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydaSi6raugQ]StinkBud Cloner Assembly - YouTube[/ame]

6. ive thought about the aero way..might next time but ive read the mold id nothing thats going to harm my ladies is this true? apparently the humidity was to high? but i thought humidity was a good thing for clones?

7. ...good for clones, yes... to be brief, the cuttings have no roots to get water so the high humidity helps slow down moister loss via the foilage.
    ...but not good when working with pete pellets...I'd just stay away from the pete pellets as a novice, pure petemoss will retain moister too long, and if you let pete dry out too much it will create empty air pockets within the medium, not too mention how hard dry pete can be to actually absorb water sometimes....I've seen some growers use H2o2 (2-3 ml per gallon) with petemoss to lower the fungi growth and dish liquid (a few drops per gallon) to help with the moister absorbing issue, if you must.

...again, I'd just go with a different medium at this point in your growing career :D ...the rapid rooters are awesome if your going to go the manuel route, and as mentioned rockwool is great too along with several other mediums on the market...pete pellets suck....I said that out loud. :eek: