Cloning a big branch of the plant basically

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Tommatt, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Wasn't sure where to put this. I recently broke one of the main branches of my plant in veg. It repaired itself, but not the way I wanted. It still gowring, but barely hanging onto the main stalk.

So I need to cut it and clone it basically. Do I just treat it like a normal cloned plant? Can I take it directly to soil? Will it need nutrients right away? I'd like to save
    It.

Thanks, and again wasn't sure where to put this.

2. Pretty sure you can just treat it like a regular clone. Some guys take some pretty big clones.
    I use very diluted nutes with my clones, like 1/4 strength or less, you can stick it in soil right away, I find rooting gel helps. ..and maybe keep it covered with a ziplock or some plastic or something to keep the humidity high around it..

3. You would treat it like other clones - it's just less likely that it'll root when it's much larger.

4. Depending on the structure of this branch, you may be better off chopping several clones from the bigger branch. My experience is as the stems get woodier, they are more difficult to root. By increasing your number of clones, you increase your odds of success, and create a chance of multiple new plants.

5. Ok thanks guys. Wasn't sure if I needed to prep it different or just foot normal and hope for the best. Put it into rockwool like I normally do so we'll see. I didn't take many different cuttings off it because plenty other good ones I need to cut. Letting this one bush up/branch out while some clones catch up in height.

Thanks again.

6. Thought I'd check back in. Success! Took to root no problem and is now happy in its soil, with two giant branches.