clones

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DonBlaze28, May 10, 2011.

1. Why do some reccomend to start flowering clones once they are rooted? What if the clone is super small with roots?

2. ...you can view in my journal, I sometimes flower straight from rooting clones. This allows me to harvest very short plants in a sog (sea of green), and IMO, is the best way to maximize yield if your bulb is positioned horizontally. I've found this technique to be very rewarding! Nothing like a 3 sqft of single cola plants. ;)

3. Hi..

There are different methods for growing/flowering. Sometimes it depends on the amount of room you have. Since a plant will double or triple in size from the time you start to flower until it's finished, and you have a small grow room (PC case?), then you'll want to flower very quickly. If you veg for a long time, then you will have fewer harvest per year, but the yield (of each harvest) will be greater per harvest... - lots of reasons to do it lots of ways!

Personally, I veg until the plants reach 18" (above the Waterfarm) which is the height of my scrog screen, then I put them into flow and they end up between 4 and 6 feet when I'm ready for harvest. I also FIM the plants so I have more colas

Good luck!