Clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Taz410, May 15, 2017.

1. If I cut a clone from one of my plants wouldn't that affect the yeild at the end of a grow. I'm basically cutting a branch off my plant if I want to clone it right. I know its more complex then that I'm only growing 2 plants in a closet so I wanted to try to clone just to experiment but I don't really need the extra plant. If its gonna affect my yield at the end of the grow then its not worth it for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. Instead of taking one of the top branches were your bigger buds will be at take one the lower ones when I clone I usually take the lower ones if I don't want the bigger ones to the top just pick one the size of a pen insert for a stem and you'll be fine it's not going to take that much and if the Clone takes you got another plant to work with.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. It's actually greatly increasing your yield in the long run. Cut the clones from the bottom as the other guy already said, you'll get a lot more out of the plant(s) those clones become than the little bottom branches that don't get as much light.

Just make sure to have them in some type of humidity dome if you do cut some clones, it really does help.

Check out my grow:

First grow using cfls.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/First-grow-using-cfls..1439770/

• Like Like x 1
  4. In reality it should more than double your yield assuming the clone survives into another new plant and the mother branches into two branches as a result. I have transformed an old sick plant into 100 healthy plants by cloning which is ongoing. It's like .. topping your plant and creating a new one at same time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. depends on how and when you do it. You didn't really specify if its flowering or not, hopefully not!
    But yes, I have now taken 11 straight clones and not lost a single one. Super easy and don't need anything special. Some starter cubes and solo cups. Also important to keep your lights on 18/6 with the clones.
    All I do is just cut the part I want to trim (usually the top of one of the lower growth nodes) cut the stem to 45 degree angle, pop it in a starter cube, then in soil. I mist them a few times a day, and created a dome to trap and raise the humidity. Clones need to stay moist and high humidity is almost a must have. I also clip all the leaves on my clones, trim them down, so that way it spurs root growth and also you can easily tell when there is new growth. After 2 weeks or so they will root and be ready to be planted!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Im waiting on some super cheese auto flower. I'm know obviously more plants more yield I can only do 2 maybe 3 plants in my closet and have 5 seeds so. I was only gonna clone to learn more then anything.. What's the latest I can clone.. Like right before harvest? So I have a plants I can put right in my Hydro system.. Also I read few diff things about auto flower... Should I top or not.. I'm thinking about low stress training.. Or should let them grow wild. Well not wild but just turn on the light and let them go?

7. No point cloning autos. I clone during flowering so I get an essentially pre trained plant, you want to clone during he second or third week of flowering if you ask me. Also, most will say not to top an auto. There's much less time for it to recover.

Clone cut from flowering plant with absolutely no training or topping done:

[​IMG]

Check out my grow:

First grow using cfls.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/First-grow-using-cfls..1439770/

• Like Like x 1