Clones wont show roots

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HarryHash, May 4, 2005.

1. Im having trouble with cloning. I am using a pretty common brand name rooting hormone and soil. I cut the clone at a 45 degree angle like youre supposed to, and i dipped the end into the rooting hormone. I put the clones in the soil and watered lightly. I have the clones in small aquarium with plastice wrap on top and a fluoro for lighting. I mist the clones daily. Its been about 2 weeks now and only one clone has rooted. The others look good but they wont root. They wilt when the soil gets dry and they perk up when i water them but they wont show roots. I dont know whats wrong. Can anyone help? -HH

2. perhaps the humidity isnt high enough?

try cutting a water bottle in half, and fill halfway with soil, and put the clone in the bottle, and tape it shut. this keeps good humidity and u dont need to keep misting.

wat brand of rooting hormone?

and try having the soil wet enough beofre u put the clone in so u dont have to water fo awhile, because watering it takes off rooting hormone.(powder)

3. buy some 108 Detoxidono

4. Clonex works good to :D

5. Patience my friend. On a dare from a friend I recently took 2 cuttings from an ak-47 plant. Just snipped them off at an angle with scissors, immediately stuck them in cheapo depo peat pellets, put them in plastic drink cups, and put a baggie over each. Nothing for 21/2 weeks. Then at the 3 week mark , just when I was getting ready to toss them, blammo! roots everywhere. I even broke some when checking bcuz I thought it was just stuck in the peat pellet.
    Low tech. Low budget. No rooting compound. Worked just fine for me! Just takes a while.

6. OLD thread, by now they are dead or rooted.

he isnt even active