Clones Update

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by peacehappy, Nov 21, 2012.

1. #1 peacehappy, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
    Well, its been 5 days since I had planted the 4 Clones (Marjorie, Lucy, Mary, and Jane) into the Coco Coir with a 45degree angle cut, rooting solution (powdered) and misting 3 times throughout the day, 1 CFL @ 100w, 6500k on 24/0 Light @ 9" above clones.

I was too curious as to seeing no changes at all I wanted to make sure they have rooted, i lightly pulled on them and they easily came out showing no signs of rooting at all,
    So I decided to cut them again at a better (not baked) 45 degree angle and re-dipped them in powder solution and put them back in, Hope this wasn't a mistake but better than watching them do nothing..
    No pics unless requested Im just waiting on them to get better looking and flourish their female genes!!!

P.S. when i looked at the stems i saw a little bit of the powder working which revealed more area of rooting avaliable! i think this will be great, btw strain is OG Kush (of course) Wish i had a plant of that Mendo Purp i just got :(

2. PATIENCE is the key right now...leave them alone!!!...let the rooting hormone do it's thing...it takes any where from 7 to 14 days for roots to emerge depending on temps etc.

3. Yeah, what Deman sez. I'm happy as shit if I see roots in two weeks in a bubble cloner, and three weeks is not uncommon. Just leave them alone. If they die they didn't root :mad:

4. Awesome, so there are 4, hope for atleast 2 to survive, thanks all for input.

5. Oh and 24/0 is fine for clones right? At 9" away?

6. Personally, I like 16/8 or no more than 18/6. I don't believe 24/0 does anything for you, & I think the clones benefit from the dark / rest period. Might even help the rooting a bit.
    Clones don't need a lot of light so 9" is OK if that's a real true 100W. If it's a 23W actual / 100W equivalent, you can move it closer.

7. Alrighty! Moved my light to 5" over the clones, one was drooping slightly this morning (Assuming either stress or when i watered it it just titled a slight bit.)