Clones taking forever to root

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tintala, Oct 20, 2008.

1. I have a bunch of Blueberry clones , ten days now they are showing "SIGNS" of rooting ,but damnit, seems like they shouldv'e been rooted totally by now, I am using a humidity dome, a heating mat, not over watered or underwatered. I have been taking real goog care, but why arent they rooting quicker>? anyone had clones take this long before?

2. #2 lessismore, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
    I have had clones that took 15-18 days to show roots comming out of the rockwool cubes. As long as they are not showing signs of dying you should be fine. Some just take longer than others.

less

3. lessismore, thanks for your reply, that's what i wa wondering, so wow, 18 days, I guess should hold off on vegging for another 4 days, they arent dying and look to be pretty healthy, i am removing the dome for good now and will hope they root soon.
    thanks

4. i always used dip n grow and put the cuttings in those small grodan cubes, and covered them in the cloning hood. watering only once every couple days. the whole deal with heating pads,. bubblers. and that nonsense is a waste of time and money
    if they are taking that long to root, you probably are over wetting them. so chillout on watering them and let them dry out a bit, but not to the point of wilting (although even then they will be ok if you catch it in time). if that doesnt help, take them out, and recut them, re dip them , and start over. i forgot if you said you had them covered or not in a rooting tray with a hood,. and the hood needs tiny holes in the top to breathe, else they will die

and yes sometimes they take longer, as long as your history of cloning and rooting is a good one, mine was 95% tile. then you should be fine, just leave them be.