Clones taken in flower rooted not showing new growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WeefNugginelli, Dec 1, 2017.

1. I took clones let in flower, about 7 weeks, they rooted in about a week and then I transplanted them into solo cups.. the leaves look yellow from the nutrients being pulled to create the roots but they’ve been in solo cups for 2 weeks and no new growth is showing.. I fed them half the recommended dose for seedling/clone nutrients from Emerald Harvest once this week but other then that all I’ve been giving them is water.

Should I give them the full recommended dose of nutrients? Or should I try giving them superthrive?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. just a general rule of thumb is not to take clones during flower... its a long and slow recovery. and they stay in flower which doesn't help much so you'll be stuck with a 3" plant. also if you are going to do it you do cut the tips of the leaves off.. but you don't cut all of the leaves off. I imagine the poor things are just dying for sum light.

good luck!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. I have a clone from flower right now for reference, I only took It because a branch broke off

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monstercrop city buddy. Wait til they take off! Theyll make up for lost time dont worry

Sent from my LGMS210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. A drop or 2 of superthrive in your water will speed things up. Mines exploding. Took a cutting w 3 large buds 6 weeks into flower. Took about 4 weeksto root and then started showing reveg leaves shortly after that. Reveg leaves blew up for about a week or 2 and then all of the sudden branches started shooting everywhere. I gave mine full light after the transplant and shes looking good. I worried a lot because it took a while but its looking like its worth it

Sent from my LGMS210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. its going to be 2-3 weeks before you see any new growth... it takes a long time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. For clones taken in flower it takes a long time. 3-4 weeks the buds will start to stretch out and you’ll get some funky 1 and 3 leaf growth at first. Once they stretch you’ll start to see 5 leaf pattern come back. Let em go a while longer till you can clone the clone and you’ll be all set. 7-8 week process though so be patient. Here’s a pic of one that’s 5 weeks in.
    F5BE99A7-8975-40D2-A69C-91BD2237E323.png Just starting to get the 5 leaf pattern back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. They all started new growth lol looks super funky

9. [​IMG]

This is my blueberry cutting it’s got the most new growth so far doesn’t even look like cannabis as of right now haha

10. Any particular reason you waited so long to cut clones? I've cut'em a week into flower without much trouble but never had the patience to wait it out by cutting them so late. I guess if you're attempting to save a strain you realized you really like then you do what you have to do to keep it going.

• Like Like x 2
  11. No particular reason I wouldn’t do it again unless I had to just wanted to save a couple to use as mothers and possibly to breed if I get a good male from the nyc chem or the calypso I just popped

• Like Like x 1