Clones taken in flower and need some guidance

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pipperz, Sep 20, 2015.

1. this morning i read another clone related thread where someone's clones taken in flower has developed what is likely a fungus, 3 weeks in... one answer suggests they should not be sprayed except to give a shot of epsoms or calmag

i have four clones, each in a different medium, my first real grow attempt and i thought i would see which method worked best for me...

• one in a bubbler i made, one in a peat cup, one in a lil teapot in the window sill...the fourth is an airlayer on the mother
    • all were taken deep in flower 12 days ago
    • i have had them all using 50/50 spring/tap water for reservoirs/spraying....water changes out every other day, misting daily (except the air layer;adding 50/50 only when peat begins drying out)
    • all have humidity bags around them (except air layer; just wrapped)..
    • the bubbler and the peat cups are under 2-5w LED grow bulbs in a grow box on 18/6
    • after a lower leaf on 2 of them yellowed, i was told give some potassium, so i gave them a small amount of banana water yesterday
    • during water change out
    questions:

• whatever i give them, should i be giving it in a spray or in the reservoir water?
    • thoughts on the banana water treatment?
    • should i use the epsom salts?
    • humidity tents, yes or no?
    • how often to spray?
    any guidance would really be helpful...other than the one yellowed leaf on each of 2 of the clones, they seem to be doing fine, but i am
    worried a prob is gonna develop out of ignorance and i want to get ahead of it and head it off... \t\t\t\t

Just taken...(note: sponges serve as collars, not rooting mediums)

Bubbler (Bubbles)

[​IMG]

Teapot/windowsill (Blossom)

[​IMG]

Peat cup (Buttercup) \t\t\t\t

[​IMG]

ph test taken

• teapot=6.8
    • bubbler=7.2
    • spray bottle=6.8
    • spring water=8.2
    • tap=7.2
    questions:

• optimum ph range for clones of this sort?
    • how to get uniformity between bubbler, teapot and spray bottle?
    • how to treat water to get into correct ph levels? (which may be the same question as above)

2. those clones were taken really far along in flower so they may take very long to root, if at all. longest ive taken clones in flower is like 10 days in and they took awhile to root, then you have to wait for them to recover from the reveg period. misting the clones a couple times a day with water is recommended but you might run into issues with mold because those clones are basically flowers. the clone that's in the bubbler the water should be changed daily any other clones that have a reservoir should be filled but not to the point where the clone is constantly saturated. this leads to stem rot and other issues. ive personally never used banana water or anything but plain ro water so I cant comment on it other than to say its probably useless. the Epsom salts are useless too the clone has no roots to take in nutrients yet. humidity domes are definitely helpful to keep the rh up even more so if you live in a dry climate. as far as how many times a day to spray the dome that's really all dependent on how arid your climate is but id say a couple times a day to exchange fresh air to the clones and begin the hardening off process.

3. my understanding is that anything in the water at this point is likely not all that helpful, but that a misting with epsom water would be, at least once...to be used sparingly and only once til they take on root and new growth...

should stems be actually in water?...not sure i understand about about reservoir filled but not saturating

i air baggie tents daily, and have been misting once a day...seems to keep things very moist and condensated but you recommend more, not less spraying?

thank you for your response and forgive my endless questions...i want to try to get this right so at least one of the four takes...

4. I mean if there is a reservoir to keep a layer of water in there but not so much to where its making contact with the medium constantly. I don't know what benefit Epsom salts are going to have for clones usually it is used in nutrient solutions to up the magnesium content but it is absorbed thru the roots, which clones don't have, at least not in the beginning stages. also I don't mean to spray humidity domes more than necessary you just want to exchange the fresh air in the dome for the clones. unfortunately, moisture content in regards to clones is like watering full grown plants, it kinda has to be felt out and ones own judgment is needed.