Clones of clones - That bad of an idea?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nesgames4u, Apr 8, 2006.

1. First of all,I have done this many years in past with no problem.It wasnt my seed order being taken 20 years ago I worried about,It was anyone knowing and either stealing or telling people back then.It wasnt always the easiest to just find a good bag and get seed from it expecting good quality from the next gen.For example,I grew a sativa that got massive and grew longer than any of my beloved 55 day flower sheat,yet never put any trics on,total waste of light and space.But,a seed I sprouted that one of my buddys in need grabbed with couple others put some of the best weed we ever grew on.He regenerated with bottom leaves and went right back to veg.4 yrs later and I was cloning off a clone that I got from this seed,gave many clones away,had finish out a plant"momma clone,after 5-6months to get half lb indoor off two 400 watt lamps of 1mh and 1hps.All while clones kept same potentcy,I could cut 20 limbs to put in nothing but water in my red solo and it would grow root with my laziness within couple weeks.See,after years of doing something and working like a slave all day,it just wasnt a worry.Then I got married,had my girl,and many of you know this story as well as a few of u that will become lonely sitting there with plants without trust or people around and get out to become attached to someone.Then the bud takes a back seat,trust me,in a state in midwest back some years,It just wasnt worth the stress or possible jail time.From my experience though,I grab a good seed with what I like ,I will grow her to mature and take upper,middle,lower branches for clones,though I have heard middle of the plant is what u want.I wish I still had that strain mixed up from old genetics of weed i bought that was nlx afganix hawaiian is what i was told.It burned to never have burn out like so many after two weeks that dont have same effects to me,even the stony the first few times,after enough and weeks dont seem to have that half joint and done effect