clones not rooting, day 13, please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iBe2HiGh, Sep 24, 2016.

1. hey all, ok so i am having an issue with my clones. i cut 28 sour pez clones from a mother on the 11th of September (today is day 13) and still no sign of roots. I'm using rock wool cubes properly PH'd and clonex cloning gel. I've done everything by the book. i have a heat mat and humidity dome but something is not working. my humidity is only 55-60% when it should be 75-80% and i can't seem to figure out why. i will post photos as soon as possible. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. They sell little racks to hold your plugs so you can fill the tray with water. This isn't necessary at all, but it does make keeping the humidity high much easier. I just open my dome every 3 hours or so and spray the inside of the lid/dome itself and then replace it. I foliar feed with 1/8 strength solution of nutrients every 2-3 days and mist them 1-2 times a day. Having too much light will induce photosynthetic growth. Make sure your using weak fluorescents or something. Temp is best around 70-75 humidity should be kept at 85%+. I don't use a heating pad, I just cover my dome in printer paper (to dim the light) and move my T8 fixture as close as necessary to keep the temp in range. Not sure if the paper is necessary, either, but clones just need enough light to stay awake, I believe.

Ayahuasca Purple Grow Journal Nirvana Grow Journal

Just 4 Growers Just 4 Growers: YouTube

3. thanks for the quick reply. i am using the rack you are talking about and have a bit of water in the tray. i also have a humidifier in the tent where the clones are. i am using a small t5 2ft 2bulb. its about a foot from the top of the dome. i am going to try the paper thing and see if that helps.
    here is a photo and the set up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good luck. I've only cloned 5 times (about 10-20 clones each time for my small grow room) but I was mentored by someone that really knows their stuff so I didn't suffer many of the pitfalls. Unfortunately, that also means I am not always able to help in these situations other than by just sharing what works for me. I am on a fairly strict budget so I have to find resourceful solutions to my problems that usually can't involve spending anything. Lol

Ayahuasca Purple Grow Journal Nirvana Grow Journal

Just 4 Growers Just 4 Growers: YouTube

5. yea this is my first go at it. usually start from seed but wanted to try this out. i cut way more then needed just incase half of them didn't make it. thanks for the input and help tho and happy growing my friend.